12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Elusive Mithril Double Axe

2 posters

Go down

The Elusive Mithril Double Axe Empty The Elusive Mithril Double Axe

Post  purple soda Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:00 am

At the risk of great personal peril, I am anonymously breaking the first rule of fightclub.

It had been a long day and no one even noticed. Everyone walked away from our last raid with their treasure bags full. But me? I was “just the bard,” and all I did was “play my silly music. In a fit of rage, I used a wish to strip myself of all experience and rebuild my proficiencies from the ground up, including a specialization few others had: A double axe.

As I was there, commiserating with a party of one, a drunken half orc along the wall caught my eye. We struck up a conversation and he noticed I had a thing for double axes. He seemed to like them as well. Toward the end of our conversation, he mentioned a way to relieve some of my anger – an underground fighting ring. He wasn’t looking to start any trouble, so all he would tell me was to talk to a one-armed dwarf at Sling’s place.

After relaying Og’s message to the dwarf, he directed me to the bartender. Heedless of the bartenders warnings, I followed his directions through the magical veil that had separated me from a secret corridor. I followed the hallway to the bouncer, who required a hefty 5000 gp entry fee.

I paid the membership fee and ventured downstairs to find the underground ring. After admiring the participants for a while, I approached the fight coordinator. I had sized up the competition and ended up taking on a series of fights, from a basic brutal melee fight to a stealthy, sneaky opponent. After besting what the ring had to offer, the coordinator suggested I talk to the fighting ring’s champion before challenging him. Imagine my surprise when I found Og sitting on a throne! After defeating him I had finally earned respect in the fighting ring and I went on my way.

I didn’t give this another thought until I happened across Captain Jack Marrow in Deep Thought University. He took me to check out an area once ruled by Orcs. The remnants of their presence was daunting as I explored. I was even attacked by some of their specters that haunted the place. But as I searched their crypts, I found a marker left for those who wield a double-axe. I felt as though the portal was calling me, so I dove in and found myself with a riddle to solve.

After besting the riddle with my incredible intellect, I was brought to a warchief, lying in wait to pass on his mantle. I accepted his challenge. The fight was long and difficult, and I found myself using every resource at my disposal to best him. My best pets, even with my bardic buffs, couldn’t touch him. And when he hit, it was no joke. Many heals were used that day.

In the end I emerged victorious. My new mantle as Warchief awarded me access to the private chambers, where to my surprise I found a Mithril Double-Axe waiting for me.

I shall bear this ancient weapon with the strength and respect it deserves.

TLDR: Take wep focus in double axe feat. Talk to Og in Grey Gargoyle Inn, then go the Dragon’s Inn and talk to the dwarf. Then to the barkeeper. Fight the underground fighting folks (3 rounds I believe). Beat the champion and collect the underground fighting pass. This can be done probably around 15-20.

Go to Jack Marrow and have him take you to the orc area. Find the portal to the burial chamber. Solve the puzzle, then talk to the NPCs. Beat the warchief, and there will be a Mithril Double Axe for you in the next room! I wouldn’t take this fight before 25 unless you are well wished up, and maybe wait til early 30s. He does fire dmg so might consider that in your preparations.
Fun fact, when you equip it you whisper “I AM WARCHIEF!”

purple soda

Back to top Go down

The Elusive Mithril Double Axe Empty Re: The Elusive Mithril Double Axe

Post  L0BSTER Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:40 pm

Good good, this a good book

You shall receive a publish contract soon

L0BSTER
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com