12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mithril...Mithril...MITHRIL Vol. 3

2 posters

Go down

mithril...Mithril...MITHRIL Vol. 3 Empty mithril...Mithril...MITHRIL Vol. 3

Post  mochi Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:31 pm

Now that you have learned about the Farm, Library, and Captain Marrow, I will let you in on a little secret…there are more spots that help with gathering Mithril.

TL;DR:
Requirement: Mithril Key
Recommendation: 25+ seasons/levels
Mithril Areas: Giant Caves, Mithrilfin: Rats Nest, Digging Mines, and Duergar Mine
NPCs: End of book

The previous areas can be a tough place, but they are areas with consistent difficulty ratings. The next few places Mithril can be obtained are Giant Caves and areas requiring a Mithril key. You can obtain the key after achieving 400 Mithril Gifts and speaking with Fierce Deepforge. The very end of this book will have a list of NPCs you can speak with and how much Mithril Gifts they require. I fear some dwarves only speak with specific races.

The quickest path to the Giant Caves is by speaking with Mar-Vell scholar, asking to be sent to the Giant Caves, and entering the large cave opening. The first thing you must know about this area are Enhancements. Some creatures you fight will be randomly enhanced meaning they have a magical buff. Enhancements can range from painless to deadly. Make sure to examine the creature for awareness. The final boss is known as the Deep Falls Queen. She hits hard and has a few dispels. She drops two Mithril Nuggets.

The next areas are accessible after speaking with Fierce Deepforge and gaining a Mithril Key. Fierce will talk about the surrounding areas in Mithrilfin that you can help with. Rats Nest (Mother’s Nest) and Digging Mines are located at the Northern part of Mithrilfin; Deurgar Mine to the West. These areas are not great for Mithril Nuggets, but they are abundant with dust and chips. I recommend destroying all Mithril Veins to get the most Mithril out of each area. Each vein has a chance to drop a dust or chip. The rats are fairly easy with zero spell casting or ranged attacks. Digging Mines are tougher with elemental casters.

In the first area of Digging Mines you will need to place all four elemental keys from the Lieutenants into the Bridge Chest to open the gate. For the second area you will need to activate the left and right floor levers. The boss is a Lunatic General and has a chance to drop a Mithril Nugget. The Druegar mine is straightforward but the journey is long. There are lots of melee dwarves; however, the final areas have ranged and spell casting abilities. The final boss in Deurgar Mine is Karen Mithrlfin…and she is a Karen for sure. She drops a Mithril Nugget.

The Mithrilfin dwarves will begin to speak with you as more Mithril is gifted to the town. What I know so far is limited. The two dwarves I am unsure about are Nordri Deepforge and Grimwill, since they have not granted me a dialogue after 1,000 gifts. I do suspect Nordri favors the Dwarf race and classes. Grimwill looks shady and sneaky--may favor rogues.

The following are dwarves I had spoken to during my time in Mithrilfin.

NPC: At Increments of 100 Mithril Gifts
100: Kludge Deepforge
200: Kimli Ironbright, Drongo/Drango (Fine Mithrilfin Goods), Cosmos Tailor, Freya Dye, Gamma Grill
300: Gronce Ironbright, Negnar Farstriker, Mithril Exchange
400: Fierce Deepforge (Mithril key), Benrig Mithrilfin, Seraphim
500: Thron Stonemaster (Mithril Pillars)
600: Sonja Deepforge
1000: Drom Stonemaster (Crafter’s Guild)

There are more quests to be challenged, and I know this is just the beginning!

Farewell adventurer and good luck, Mochi

Last edited by mochi on Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

mochi

Back to top Go down

mithril...Mithril...MITHRIL Vol. 3 Empty Re: mithril...Mithril...MITHRIL Vol. 3

Post  mochi Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:28 pm

Updated with appearance shop, mithril exchange, Nordri, Grimwill NPCs - Thanks Erik/Nina!

mochi

Back to top Go down

Post  L0BSTER Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:57 am

Good good - This will help new players to know things about mithril.

Publish Contract will be received when a toon is made for it.. on HOLD :DONE

L0BSTER

L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down