12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mithril...Mithril...MITHRIL Vol. 2

2 posters

Go down

mithril...Mithril...MITHRIL Vol. 2 Empty mithril...Mithril...MITHRIL Vol. 2

Post  mochi Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:21 am

A continuation of mithril…Mithril…MITHRIL.

TL;DR:
Requirement: Campus Pass
Recommendation: 25-35 seasons/levels
Mithril Areas: Captain Jack Marrow, Deep Thought: Library
Book-Specific: Life (Golden Nugget), Death (Mithril Nugget), Light (Concentrated Loadstones), Dark (Mirror of Lore), Earth (Mithril Nugget/Hint of Acid), Air (Mithril Nugget/Hint of Lightning), Fire (Mithril Nugget/Hint of Fire), Water (Mithril Nugget/Concentrated Loadstone), Ice (Mithril Nugget/Hint of Cold), Madness (Grinning Skull)

After clearing the Farm you may ask yourself how many times must I do this to speak with the dwarves? Well the short answer is many; however, there is an abundance of mithril to gather from other sources! We are fortunate to have a few more areas known as the Ancient Tomb, Lake of Aluve, and Deep Thought Library. The tomb and lake are accessible through Captain Jack Marrow in the University; Campus Pass is not required.

Making your way to Captain Marrow and the Library is simple. From Mithrilfin enter the south-west door outside of the main-gated area to Mithrilfin’s Deep Thought: University. You must visit the Administration Office and speak to Jesial the Receptionist. At the end of your conversation you will receive a Campus Pass–this will allow you to open the gate to the Library. Captain Marrow is located near the center of University; the Library is located in the North-West region. For the Library you must open the gate and continue straight. There are no markings for the Library, but it is adjacent to Hadley’s Asylum for Deranged Wizards.

Speaking with Captain Marrow will have an option to visit the Ancient Tomb and Lake of Aluve. If you challenge the Orcs you will come across fighters, mages, and rangers. The orcs drop mithril dust and chips. I could not finish this area as I did not possess specific feats. A note mentions a double-axe blade. The Lake of Aluve is a dark place home to Deep Elves. You will face drow wizards, monks, warriors, bowmen, and assassins. Their leader is known as Zhal and mithril dust and chips can drop here. Zhal only dropped gold, albeit 250,000 gold, but not Mithril. Rumors are that this area is a quest for the Mithril Whip weapon. There might be another book that can shed light on this rumor.

This Library is seldom visited, but the Tutorial books are magical. You will notice there are many Drow Bookcases with books. Tutorials will stand out and have a one-word subtitle, so pluck them as you see fit. Note that these books will only work in the Library and I warn you that the Portal Rune will not work in the tutorial areas. However, there is a special object at the beginning and end of each challenge that brings you back to the Library.

During my adventures through the tutorials I noticed a theme related to its title and most books consist of three areas. I also believe all tutorials except for Water have an Area Cleaner that will spawn near the center of the map. I will inform you of the area task, if any, and the Tutorial’s Champion. Each area has their own melee, ranged, or spellcasting creatures.

Life. You must destroy all Fairy Statues in each area to progress further into the tutorial. Beware that Life Nymph casts great thunderclap. It drops a Life Saver and Golden Nugget when slain.

Death. As you make your way through Death you will need to destroy all 4 Damaged Headstones in the third area to reach the champion Dragon’s Death which drops a Mithril Nugget.

Light.This tutorial is pretty straightforward with no special requirements. The key to this area is keeping an eye on your health. The sun light will hurt you in the final two areas and there are few items that aid in protection to this damage. Light’s champion is Light Avenger and drops three Concentrated Loadstones.

Dark. This area is swallowed by darkness, so I suggest you have some form of light. There are no special tasks and the champion is a Darkened Warrior. It drops a Mirror of Lore.

Earth. This story was also straightforward. Nothing fancy and the champion Angry Earth can drop a Mithril Nugget and Hint of Acid.

Air. Straightforward. Champion is an Air Dragon and can drop a Hint of Lightning and Mithril Nugget.

Fire. You will want to watch out for the area damage. The Fire Queen is one impressive gigantic champion. She drops a Hint of Fire and Mithril Nugget.

Water. You must obtain and use the Ring of Water Breathing. Speak to Captain Ross in TCwaN: Docks if this is an item you have overlooked. Do not take the ring off. The Water Guardian champion is no joke and deals heavy lightning damage! It drops a Mithril Nugget and Concentrated Loadstone.

Ice. It is almost as frigid as the Frozen Northlands. Bring cold protection if possible. The champion is a Chilly Demon. It can drop a Hint of Cold and Mithril Nugget.

Madness. This tutorial will challenge your will power and patience...you may even get itchy. You can be re-positioned while fighting off a horde of furniture! Madness' Champion is Astrocytoma, a small gelatinous cube, and can drop a Grinning Skull. Of all the tutorials I stay away from this one!

Farwell and until we meet again, Mochi.

Last edited by mochi on Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:57 am; edited 2 times in total

mochi

Back to top Go down

mithril...Mithril...MITHRIL Vol. 2 Empty Re: mithril...Mithril...MITHRIL Vol. 2

Post  mochi Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:24 pm

Updated with Captain Marrow's areas (not quest-based) - thanks Erik!

mochi

Back to top Go down

Post  L0BSTER Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:53 am

Good Good. this book will come in handy.

Madness boss *Astrocytoma* has a chance to drop - Grinning Skull <- Add that into the book when you get the chance.

This book will be put on hold until a toon is made for it to receive a contract :DONE

L0BSTER
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mochi Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:58 am

Updated - thanks Nina!

mochi

Back to top Go down