12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Plane of Grege for the Directionally Challenged: Or Tale of a Wandering Cleric.

2 posters

Go down

The Plane of Grege for the Directionally Challenged: Or Tale of a Wandering Cleric. Empty The Plane of Grege for the Directionally Challenged: Or Tale of a Wandering Cleric.

Post  Roxsedai Thu May 12, 2022 5:52 am

I was trying to find another Cloak of the Burning Sands for a Wizard.  Tuebits said he would help me find the Cloak, but only once I got all the metals I needed from the Plane of the Elderkind. Then, being the Evil Pale Master he was, he death magic’d me with his deformed arm.  Incentive, I guess. Side note of advice:  Make sure to wear something that gives you immunity to death magic around that guy.

I admit it, I had been slacking on getting all of the metals, but especially Bronze because the plane confused me.  Teeka had guided me through there once.  All I remembered was snow and some ramps, but how hard could it be?  

So hard.  

8 pieces of Bronze.  I needed eight more pieces of Bronze from this crazy confusing place.  OY.

Now, I’m not that good with direction in the best of times, much less trudging around a maze of snow while being attacked. Anyone who has ever adventured with me has probably seen me turning around in circles at one time or another or running in the opposite direction for no apparent reason.  Don’t even get me started on how hard it is for me to get through a door!

I wandered around, fighting Swarms and Blades here, taking out a Stone there (one guards every ramp), trying to avoid the arrows being shot by Lights and Darks on cliff tops.  I remember needing to have 3 Egg Shaped Crystals in order to go through a portal to fight the boss, and I was gathering them from killing Swarms as I went.  Around I went, up a ramp, down a ramp, going in circles and criss crossing the area. Dead end after dead end.  The map was no help.  A virtual sea of white with no discernable (to me) landmarks. No portal.  No boss. Damn it, where is it? I began to doubt it existed.

Finally, I got chased down a corridor by a Swarm, with Lights and Darks and Shafts joining the fray, smack into a flock of Claws near the middle of the Southern Edge of the map.  And there it was, the portal!  Guarded by a Stone.  Normally not a problem, but when I was surrounded by a mob, it got a little dicey.  In my excitement trying to get to the portal – I found it! I found it! – I waited a little too long to Heal, and yes, I died.  And no one was around to come save my sorry cleric butt.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I stomped my feet and cursed the Gods and threw a few things. But then I pulled up my big girl pants and went right back in. Oh, God, how do I get to the center bottom of the map? I was just there.  But I had no idea how I had gotten there with all my wandering. But, hey, this time I saw that the ramps were gray on the map! (Do I hear experienced adventurers saying a resounding, “DUH!”? Ok, I am directionally challenged and a little slow.  I didn't notice it before. I was following Teeka.  And being attacked.  That's why! No, really, that must be why!) I headed South towards the first gray spot on the map and up that ramp. I headed east towards a gray spot but could not get to it, so I then went North towards a ramp in the middle of the upper edge. Then I headed South again, bypassing a ramp up to continue going towards one that was near the middle Southern edge, which seemed to be where I had found the portal. The way to that one was blocked by rocks so I continued to one a little west. I went up and East a bit and there it was, the portal, down below!  I could see it but not get to it. I checked the map again and there was a ramp a little Northeast…I headed towards that and ran down and then headed east.  Around the corner and there was that flock of Claws!  I had found it.  

This time I was prepared for the fierce fight and managed to kill everything before entering the portal. I fought the Swarm waiting and then fought that dragon. Two down…seven more to go.  

Second bit of advice: Kill things as you go.  I got to a point during my runs where I couldn’t use the experience anymore, so I began running past things just to get to the boss.  Well, those bitches follow you and the huge mob I had on my last run surrounded me and I accidentally hit the portal rune (doesn’t work in the plane) instead of my Heal again and died right near the portal. Luckily, Zedd was around to save me this time. Got my 9th piece.

I only wish I had a guide to find the portal the first time. So, for people new to the Plane of Grege who may have difficulty finding your way, a simple guide to the ramps (grey marks):

• Down the first ramp and head South.
    Up the ramp and head NW to the next ramp down.
    Head South, pass the first ramp, then slightly SW to the next up ramp.
    Head NE to the down ramp.
    Head East and around the corner with the Claws and down the corridor to the Portal.

Nine pieces of Bronze make you some spiffy Bronze Boots to replace your Wind Walker boots. Get those pieces of Bronze.  You also need this to enter the Heart of Destruction.

Happy Hunting!

Written by Althea Mor

Roxsedai

Back to top Go down

The Plane of Grege for the Directionally Challenged: Or Tale of a Wandering Cleric. Empty Re: The Plane of Grege for the Directionally Challenged: Or Tale of a Wandering Cleric.

Post  L0BSTER Thu May 12, 2022 10:18 pm

Fantastic book...

good read...

Publish contract has been recieved:DONE

L0BSTER
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum