12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures of leveling a Cleric

2 posters

Go down

Adventures of leveling a Cleric Empty Adventures of leveling a Cleric

Post  JamesDash12 Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:16 am

So, you have decided to play a Cleric? While I can not say too much on the topic of how great they are at full build, seeing as how I am still leveling mine.I have heard epic tales of Aurum falling prey to a wise and strong cleric, and others still of the Underworld denizens kneeling before their overwhelming power. I thought it would be appropriate to share some of the things I have learned while leveling Sam, my cleric. First and foremost, choosing which schools to focus your magic in is important. I learned that while one of the two is flexible, it is strongly recommended that you take Sun as one of your schools. This is because, one of the primary spells cleric focuses around is Sunbeam. A very powerful Area of effect spell that will decimate almost everything in its path. This spell paired with the Naturalist Scimitar, acquired in the Druid's Grove, is one of the nastiest combinations on the server. As your Seed becomes stronger, so too do your Sunbeams. It is important to remember when planning your full build, that you take a level of Ranger at level 40 to max out the skill animal empathy. This is because the stronger your skill in Animal Empathy the harder your Sunbeam will hit. This note will help you to quickly realize why the Naturalist Seed should be your ideal weapon. Not only does it give your Cleric additional Sunbeams to cast, it also increases your skill in Animal Empathy. Early game I will not lie, I struggled to get to level 10 as my spells were weak and my attacks even more so. Do not let this discourage you! Farm the basement in the loaded die and work on completing your secrets and you will pass this early struggle before you even realize it. After you have acquired some levels and power, I would recommend farming the crystal caverns and the Gathol areas you can handle until you are level 20. At this point your cleric should be strong enough to venture into the Plane of the Elderkind and start to lay waste to the dragons and enemies roaming around and even tackle some of the easier dragon bosses within the Elderkind Plane. One of my favorite areas to do levels 20-30 was Gathol Lab 911 which you can reach by going to Gathol Lab 90210, heading to the left door which takes you to umberhulks, which are great xp until level 25, and continuing onward from the top door into Gathol Lab 911. Here you will want to have a Storm of Vengeance going while running around and casting Sunbeam on the groups of enemies that appear. This area is very quick to do and rewards lots of epic xp until you are level 30. Take advantage of this area as it has a fairly short respawn time (30-45 minutes). After farming your xp till 30, clerics have the ability to use Storm of Vengeance and Sunbeams to run the Deep Giants and many areas of the Underworld. This is a great way to start your journey to level 40 while also acquiring gold and mithril which you will need later. I hope these journal entries help current and future cleric players and I hope to hear feedback on what else people have learned to make their cleric playing experience the best it can be. Special thanks to Dungeon_Crawler as he was my go to for all the 100 and 1 cleric questions I had. Very Happy

JamesDash12

Back to top Go down

Adventures of leveling a Cleric Empty Re: Adventures of leveling a Cleric

Post  L0BSTER Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:23 am

Good Story James, I am sure players will find this useful.

edit
Publish Contract has been received DONE!

L0BSTER
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down