12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The deep thought library - an underutilized leveling area

2 posters

Go down

The deep thought library - an underutilized leveling area Empty The deep thought library - an underutilized leveling area

Post  nerd-boyz Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:26 pm

As I sat waiting for assistance at Mixyez lab in the deep thought university I figured I would explore a little. I quickly found myself in the deep thought library where I began to peruse the tomes available to me. the first few shelves were nothing special just your typical histories of the land and fictions that people believe to be true. Thinking it a boring place I was about to turn to leave when a bright red book caught my eye. Tutorial: Death. I inspect the back which says, “they say there is peace in death – but who the hell want to find out for sure.” Intrigued I begin to quickly look through the remaining shelves and collect all the books that stand out. 10 in total, all tutorials: life, death, dark, madness, water, air, fire, ice, light, and earth. Feeling hesitant to try read about death I decide to start with something a little more upbeat. Life! I open the book and begin to read and am quickly drawn into another world where there are giants and fairies and goat men. I quickly realized that I was not just reading about this other world I was physically drawn there as the giants threw boulders at me that nearly killed me. running for my life I found an exit and reappeared in the library. I quickly reviewed the books and tried again. Finding some much more difficult than others but all seemed to transport me to another world. listed is how I would rate them in difficulty based on how far I could get in each before having to flee.
Air –
Very little in the area was much threat as I always carry my trusty staff and was able to use my magic shields to damage them.
Water –
This one took some time to figure out but if you have a ring of water breathing the risk drops substantially
Death –
Contrary to its name death was not as terrifying as I expected it to be. The skeleton casters were not fun to run into for the first time but with time you learn to handle them – this was also the first to have a trick to progress, pay attention to the tomb stones
Dark –
While difficult to navigate because it was so dark the creatures inside were not bad. Taking it slow I was able to get some good XP and Mithril from them
Madness –
The furniture is alive! It hits hard too. I did not get very far in this one as the winding and twisting made my stomach roll.
Earth –
Lots of hills in this one. The creatures were not the worst but seemed to be resistant to a lot of my magic.
Light –
This one started out ok but then as I progressed just progressing through the area hurt and there was little I could do about it.
Fire –
This area hurt as I stepped through the door. I felt like I had gone and jumped into a forge and was not doing well to stay there. Luckily, I had prepared an elemental shield that helped for a moment. That was until the fire giants appeared. Once again, I fled.
Ice –
Another that hurt just stepping if I could blend the fire and ice tutorials perhaps it would not be as bad, but I could do little save trust in my spells to keep me safe. I was not able to progress to far in as the cold was biting through even my celestial cloak.
Life -
I fear to step into this one again as the giants that hurled the boulders could easily kill me with one throw if they all hit.

Looking for more information I went to the library in TCWAN and found a little. Apparently there are bosses at the end of each book and they drop interesting items as written by Brokk in his book loot tables of mithrilfin library tutorials.

I have decided that I will spend a great deal of time in these areas as the XP from the creatures is good all the way to level 40 from the talk in the tavern and they eve drop mithril which gets donated to the dwarves of mithrilfin so they wont be so stuck up around me.

Baerithryn

nerd-boyz

Back to top Go down

The deep thought library - an underutilized leveling area Empty Re: The deep thought library - an underutilized leveling area

Post  Erikwithak Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:47 pm

Baerithyrn has recieved a Publishing contract for this book
Erikwithak
Erikwithak

Back to top Go down