12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pickle Ricks guide to leveling a Wizard from level 30-40

2 posters

Go down

Pickle Ricks guide to leveling a Wizard from level 30-40 Empty Pickle Ricks guide to leveling a Wizard from level 30-40

Post  PickleRick Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:45 pm

As you open the book a small explosion happens and a large smoke cloud fills the room. Out steps a strange fellow stinking of booze and you are not positive but it looks as if he might have little puke on his shirt.
"So....you wanna learn to shoot lightning bolts from your fingers and turn things into bunnies and then blow them up with lightning bolts from your fingers?" says the strange fellow.
"Well...we all love doing these things and you have come to the right place! My name is Pickle Rick and I'm gonna teach ya to do just that"
First, we shall start with the assumptions...you are level 30, have completed your 12 secrets and you are finished with your dragon claws, metals and have all the metal items created from the forge. If not, close the book and get busy because your level 30 and slacking haha! If you are finished then we shall continue.
Second, you need to read Tuebit's book on arcane spellcasting and work on you focuses. These are needed to hit harder with your spells in end game dungeons. We will discuss two which are the hint of fire and the mastery of fire. These will jack your fire damage on certain spells that are your bread and butter. The hints and masteries drop in DDS (the dragon run) so always join when people are running that so you can get a hint of all four types and a mastery of all four types. You won't need more than that.
Third, I will suggest three feats I feel are important (choose them if you like) Extended Spell (for buffs and damage shields), Silent Spell (to increase the number of good spells you can use) and Empowered Spell (more damage). Maximized doesn't really light my fire but that's your call.
Fourth, let's talk gear. Celestial staff is priority one. Talk to the guy in the temple and find out what you need and go get it. Mithril shield is second which you get from the merchant in Mithrilfin once you have a sufficient mithril count to enter. Third is a sash (at least a ruby sash from the Plane of Carnelian. All three of these will combine to give you a bunch of bonus spells 7-9 and good damage resist so you can take a hit without dying.
Ok so now you are geared and ready to start killing stuff for that juicy epic xp. My three go to spells for this are Thunderclap which does nice sonic damage and knocks critters down possibly, Sunburst which does nice fire and magic damage (enhanced by hint of fire and mastery of fire) and last but not least meteor swarm (also enhanced by the hint of fire and mastery of fire).
Go to Beryl Grotto and nuke all of them. All three spells work and will slaughter them. Pull big groups and conserve your spells so you don't have to rest often. This pulls about 4k+ xp per run roughly. Make sure you got all three damage shields up and extended.
Go to Corridor of Fire bottom floor and nuke all of them. These hit harder and you will need your elemental shield up the entire time to avoid excess fire damage because it's very hot in there.
Go to Deepstone Passage: Farm. Damage shields are very important here as they will do the most damage besides meteor swarm. You will also need lots of heals because they hit hard. This will increase you mithril count to get the key needed for the next two areas.
Go to Ruins of Mithrilfin: Rats Nest. This will be available once you have the key and this area is west of Mithrilfin. Pull all the rats with shields up and meteor swarm the vermin into oblivion. Lots of mithril here too.
Go to Ruins of Mithrilfin: Duergar Mines. Start slowly and pulls as many dwarves as you can at once. Make sure you have your damage shields up and all three spells will work nicely. Meteor Swarm will take a group down in two spells usually. Make sure you have enough heals to keep alive. Work your way down all three maps and send Karen to the hell she deserves. You will be rewarded with roughly 20K xp total and a ton of mithril. This was my favorite place to go for leveling and will take about an hour.
And that is my suggestions for leveling.
Side note you should work on getting golden nuggets. You will need them for Celestial gear.
Have a nice day!

PickleRick

Back to top Go down

Pickle Ricks guide to leveling a Wizard from level 30-40 Empty Re: Pickle Ricks guide to leveling a Wizard from level 30-40

Post  L0BSTER Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:46 pm

Cool book, I like it Smile Smile

Pickle Rick has receive a publish contract - DONE

L0BSTER
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down