12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death: A Monk's Perspective

2 posters

Go down

Death: A Monk's Perspective Empty Death: A Monk's Perspective

Post  purple soda Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:57 am

I have been venturing to a few new places as a monk on a mission to conquer every area. Here are some tips I found while fighting in Underworld: Death.

For reference, I wear demon gear where I can to reduce my negative dmg (total of 50% reduction). I use the belt, cloak, robes, and amulet.

General tips:
1. KEEP YOUR NEG PROTECTION UP!! If you get caught out with a bad dispell, you will almost certainly die. This area is MUCH less forgiving than any other in terms of bad dispells.
2. Hide in Plain Sight will be your best friend. You can either get this through a single Shadowdancer level, or through the Harper Scout amulet. Not only does it give you added protection from a bad dispell because things stop attacking you and casting spells while hidden, you also get first round attacks against flatfooted enemies. This makes things much easier to kill. The only creatures who will be able to see you are the Laughing Demon, the Morbid Demon, and the Mummy at the very end.
3. Only fight for 1.5 rounds. The dispell is every 2 rounds, so stopping at 1.5 will allow you to use your belt again AS SOON AS IT IS DISPELLED.

Frigid Demons: These guys cast Greater Ruin, and it is the greatest ruin you will meet. Make sure you negative protection is up or you are almost guaranteed to die. Note that like other demons, this damage is based on your max HP. With all my negative resist, I die if I take a single GR +1 area dmg when at full health. They don't call it Death for nothing Smile They drop 75k gold.

Soulhungry Demons: These guys do some mean reflective damage. Keep the negative protection up! They also heal at "badly Wounded", but with a combination of Mithril Stuns and Knockdown, you can keep them incapacitated long enough to prevent the heal. At death, they explode for a LARGE amount of negative damage. I can survive it, but its close. They drop 100k gold.

When you enter the area, you will have to kill all of the Soul-Hungry demons before you can enter the gates to fight the boss. There are 9 total. Once defeated and after passing through the gate, you will find that not only do more Frigid Demons block your path, every other kind of demon has also been enlisted. If you have kinds you struggle against, be prepared to fight them here. If nothing else, they can be more difficult here due to the groupings and dispell timing. Be careful.

When you get to the end, you will find The Lord of the Underworld surrounded by 4 frigids. My advice is to kill the frigids first, one at a time using knockdown and hide in plain sight to avoid ever being touched by the Greater Ruins. Be careful when fighting as the Lord of the Underworld dispells on-hit and CAN dispell your neg protection. That said, hide in plain sight helps with the whole process. He will also heal once at Badly Wounded. Like the Soul-Hungry, it is possible to keep him from healing, but much more difficult to pull off. He drops 2 million gold and of course the Greater Wish Smile

After him, you will find Khopesh, a VERY hard to hit mummy. Basically, you can't touch him. The only way to kill him with the monk that i have found is either a LOT of spyder traps, or your own Grinning Skulls. For me, I have to use all 5, rest, and then use them again. He drops 100k gold and the Khopesh of Khabit, the short sword needed to upgrade the Mummy Dust spell.

All in all, you are looking a total of 6 million gold, a Greater Wish, and the shortsword as the most notable take aways from a full run.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Book submitted for publishing contract for Taric.

purple soda

Back to top Go down

Death: A Monk's Perspective Empty Re: Death: A Monk's Perspective

Post  L0BSTER Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:19 pm

Cool book Smile Smile - good good.

Publish Contract has been received:DONE

L0BSTER
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down