12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Magic protection

2 posters

Go down

Death Magic protection Empty Death Magic protection

Post  Isendel Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:13 pm

I was not sure where to put this topic, because it might be a bug or I'm doing something wrong. So I'll just put it here... Laughing
Thing is: the Elderkind Nursemaids are giving me a hard time with their Death spells. Mad
I have Fortitude save at 24 (with buffs and all), so sometimes I might fail on the roll (DC 30). To overcome that I have tried some protection items: the Death Ward spell from the Gargoyle Claw (staff), the Death Slaad amulet (gives Death immunity) and even Gorg's Skull (also gives Death immunity).
And I still find instant death when they cast that damned spell... While I cannot increase CON with wishes, taking protection from items is the only way I can see to avoid that (or a meat shield, which is not always available Razz )
Is it something I'm missing or the items are not giving the proper protection?
Any clues?
Isendel
Isendel

Back to top Go down

Death Magic protection Empty Re: Death Magic protection

Post  Isendel Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:31 pm

Nevermind this topic...
Warchief reminded me in game that there is an item in DP Library that gives protection against Implosion (per reset).
Until DP is not up to get it, I'm avoiding the wretched nurses (or throwing an Arrow of Death on them when needed Wink )
Isendel
Isendel

Back to top Go down

Post  dopplegang Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:22 am

I know I am unfamiliar with this server as of yet, however, for the record in case other new players read this discussion.  According to the Wiki, and presuming the spell you are speaking of was Implode as you mention that spell by name, the Implode spell is not a Death Magic spell

"
Implosion
Spell level: cleric 9
Innate level: 9
School: evocation
Components: verbal, somatic
Range: short (8 meters)
Area of effect: medium (3.33 meter radius)
Duration: instant
Save: fortitude negates
Spell resistance: yes

Description: The caster creates a vortex of destruction that tears asunder all living things within its area of effect, killing them instantly unless they make their saving throw.

Notes
While this spell is not death magic (immunity does not apply), the saves are made "versus death".
This spell's DC is increased by +3. Some players consider this a bug, but it seems clear from the spell script that it is an intentional change.
The caster is not affected by this spell."

dopplegang

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down