12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12DS the Land of Choices and Relevels

2 posters

Go down

12DS the Land of Choices and Relevels Empty 12DS the Land of Choices and Relevels

Post  ReturningZedd Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:54 am

Hi all,

I am a young explorer and just started to fight the Elderkind when I was drowning my sorrows at Sling's tavern.  Around my fourth or fifth beer, I overheard, or maybe I was listening in? a conversation at the table a few rows down from me, about someone using the wishing well to redo his training.  WTF??  How is this possible?? I know one can learn any skill one wants, if or when one puts in the time and practice to learn the skill.  But that was not what the overheard conversation was about!
     They were talking about using the well to REDO the training he received as a novice!! How was this possible??  Well it seems that by giving the well a wish, anyone can redo the choices they made while an apprentice!! That means, for the low cost of 1,000,000 gold pieces, I can redo my earlier training and learn weapon focus rapier, or scythe, or anything I want to specialize in.  Redoing life's choices can be challenging, but it can be worth it.  Regular wishes can also be used by the character to permantly increase a stat like charisma, intelligence or dexterity,  Any of the 6 characteristics can be increased by giving gold to a DM.  And this is the reason most people will want a relevel.  Assume for example you are at level 40, and you want to wish up your main attribute of strength and it curently is 46 with out gear modifiers, previously wished to 30, using every attribute point along the way into strength and the character took 6 grreat strength feats while leveling to 40.  Now at level 40, our example character, can only use 4 greater wishes to increase the strength attribute to 50. This is not the most effective way of doing it.  I hope everyone is with me so far in this example.  
    Now, what if instead I used a wish to become level one again, and THEN wished up my strength?? Then, once again, my strength is 30, and before leveling back to 40, I ask the DM to wish up my strength while level 1, and give him or her 35 million gold to raise it to 40 and 10 greater wishes to make it 50!! Now I level up to paragon and my strength at the end is 66 following the same pathway of using the 10 level up points to increase strength and 6 great strength feats!!  So now my str is 66!!!
       One can also, possibly have a character concept of having say epic dodge as a feat, but instead decides to take devastating crit to make the journey to 40 easier. By using a relevel wish, one can do both, once the character becomes paragon, with dev crit, one can then use a relevel to take the epic dodge feat. Also one can use this feature to test out certain things: like does weapon specialization affect the weapon damage of a mithril weapon? The things one can test out are limitless.

Every player who plays regularly on 12DS has done a relevel for a variety of reasons, the only question is what will be your reason??

A book by Liberty.

Players note: that any feats or skills taken at level one are permanent.  A relevel at the well or by a DM returns your character to level one, and when doing this you become level one with all the skill points spent and feats taken when you created the character.  The only way to get a redo on the creation level is to start a new character, and any wishes put into the original character stay with the original character so it's not a 100% do over but it is close: one can become a weapon master of scythes instead of great swords, a sorcerer can at level 40 change a fourth level spell by doing this or all of his spell choices.

Zedd

Last edited by ReturningZedd on Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:14 pm; edited 5 times in total

ReturningZedd

Back to top Go down

12DS the Land of Choices and Relevels Empty Re: 12DS the Land of Choices and Relevels

Post  L0BSTER Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:09 pm

ON HOLD..

The book is a good introduction but add more..

I am going to put your publish contract on hold.. because this book topic is too short..

I would like you to add more into this book before I give you a contract for it..

L0BSTER

EDIT... PUBLISH CONTRACT HAS BEEN RECEIVED:DONE
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down