12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anniko's Book

2 posters

Go down

Anniko's Book Empty Anniko's Book

Post  Hutty Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:40 am

I suppose I will start the story from my childhood. I was a fiery haired young girl, born in a rural town some distance from Neverwinter. I honestly can't even recall the name. My brother, Okinna (our father was horrible with names), and I were often trouble makers and spent most of our time hiding in the woods from the various store owners and farmers. We had a near insatiable hunger for the towns prized apple orchard that annoyed the local farmers to no end. Our mother and father, Terra and William, would scold us in front of the other townsfolk but in private they would laugh at our antics and outrageous stories we told them about our escapades. I mostly remember my mother have beautiful curly red hair with a melodic voice that she would seldom use other than to sing to us. My father was a short and stout fieldworker in the very same orchard we raided, and would sometimes even try to put on a frown and discipline us, but this never lasted long before he would break out laughing and smiling. Those were some of the most wonderful memories I have, and I hold onto to as much of them as I can. As I grew older I started feeling as if I were different. As if some innate power lay within me that laid untapped. I often spoke with my brother of this and to my delight he said he felt the same way. Eventually we built up the courage to speak with our parents about these feelings, they were clearly troubled and nervous, now I realize for good reason, but after a time went on to say they would have a talk with some other people in town that may know more about these things. Some few weeks after a tall gangly man named Faldon came to us and was very enthusiastic in explaining that we had "abilities" that others didn't and were very sought after around the world. He went on to suggest certain schools that would be appropriate for us, though we would likely be separated. We were immediately filled with trepidation first at the prospect of having leave our home for the first time ever, as well as being separated from each other. He simply smiled at us and said "You'll become some of the most powerful and possibly wealthiest people if you do though. You and your family will want for nothing, also it is clearly your calling. It would simply be irresponsible for you to do otherwise." With the illusion of wealth, power, and the security of our family in front of us, we reluctantly conceded. We were instructed to be ready within 2 weeks so we spent that time saying goodbye to friends and family, we even apologized to our fathers employer for all of the apples we had taken over the years.

The day finally came for us to leave and we met Faldon in town talking to a fat piebald man in little more than a green smock. Faldon purposefully placed himself 3 feet away while speaking with him and had his nose and mouth covered while he did so. He saw us and ran over to greet us with his oily smile and gestured us to hope into the wagon they were standing next to. Then we were underway. Plodding along the dirt road in the back of the wagon, holding our breath as much as we could... A week later when were supposedly nearing our destination we encountered a group of armored men with mismatching pieces and colors. The largest came forward and grabbed the bridle of the donkey leading the wagon and made a quick nod to the large smelly man driving who immediately hopped out and started walking away without a word. The large man simply smiled at first until my brother asked what was happening. He looked at the others and said "Faldon did well no? Sorcerers to boot!" and they all just laughed. I looked at my brother with sheer terror and he simply mirrored my expression for a moment. Then words popped into my head from a repetitious dream I'd been having since I felt this new power and before I realized it I was speaking them in a voice that seemed augmented. There was a quick flash of light and the man holding the horse covered his face and dropped to his knees. I leaped from the wagon and just ran as fast as I could, I soon realized I was alone and had no idea where my brother was or where I was for that matter. My mind was racing, wondering if my brother was still caught behind, or if he had simply ran in a different direction. Maybe that's why I was able to away. I knew I couldn't save him either way, even if I could them. So I walked and looked for any form of civilization. I came across an old woman looking for her dog, Fido I think it was, I could hear a town-crier calling the time of day. With nothing but fear and fury in my veins I approached the gates. Now I'm here, in The city with a name, learning what I can. In the hopes of one day finding my brother again, as well as those mercenaries. And Faldon...

I've been playing the character Anniko the Sorceress for a while and never really made a bio or story so I thought I'd just wing one for the book! First one I've actually done before, I think.

Hutty

Back to top Go down

Anniko's Book Empty Re: Anniko's Book

Post  L0BSTER Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:10 am

Hutty has receive his publish contract

Publish contract recieved - DONE!!
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down