12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

skill gems and the ring :) plus the gas works area!

3 posters

Go down

skill gems and the ring :) plus the gas works area! Empty skill gems and the ring :) plus the gas works area!

Post  ReturningZedd Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:12 am

Hi all,  
    I was sitting down in Cross Blades Dragon Inn,  having a drink trying to figure out how to be vigilant and effective soldier in the war with the Elderkind, when I saw a fellow warrior enter, and order a drink.  Not letting an opportunity to go to waste, I invited Reckless to take a seat to get some insight.

"Hi Reckless!!  How about we let the first round be on me, if you have time to answer a few questions?"

"Free drinks??  How can I say no to that?" And he took a seat.  "So what can I do to help?"

"Well, I saw you fight the Elderkin Mishap in DDS, and you tore into it with some mighty blows that laid him out in a few swings of your mithril katanas!! What do I need to do to get my weapon as effective as yours?"

"Well, this answer will require more than one drink, but I enhance my weapons by using the skill ring!! And before you ask, it is a ring that falls in the gasworks area in the Deep."  And before I could ask how to get one, he told me.

The skill gems are found by killing the Elderkind in the Gasworks area found in the Deep via Gathol:BR549.  And be warned some of the creatures there are subject to the same random Enhancement effects that are found in the UW and DDS.  There is a random chance for each kill to drop a skill gem.  The gem will be of one of 24 skills available: skill gems for animal empathy, appraise and bluff do not exist at this time.  Once you have a gem that you are interested in, you can create a ring by using the desired gem, causing a ring to appear in your inventory, the gem has to be used again and as the gem is removed from your inventory it adds +1 to the skill in question, up to two other types of skill gems can be used. the max any  skill ring can increase is up to three different skills.  Once one of the skill gems drops there is a server shout informing you of the good fortune. Be warned though, once a skill gem is used it gets "locked in" meaning if you are aiming for a rouge type ring, with the skills disarm traps, open locks and set traps, you cannot later decide to remove open locks and then add pick pocket.  If this happens you must magic eat the ring, and start over.  So getting this ring can be subject to user error!!! THIS is a warning to be aware of.  The skill ring can be enhanced to +20 with 20 skill gems of the chosen type, so to max out your ring, you will need 60, 20 of each.  GOOD LUCK!!!

The GASWORKS area: players should be aware there is a set amount of Acid damage 400 points per minute or so, be warned acid or elemental protection is a must, not a luxury.    To advance to the next map you or someone in your party must kill everything on the map you are on (this does not include the area cleaner). If you missed a foe, you will be told that the area transition cannot be used and go clear the area to advance.  The boss has a chance to drop a shard of brightness, getting to the final fight can be a challenge and while this book does not eliminate the challenges, it does help. On a side note, the three floors of this dungeon each have an area cleaner to help gather the fallen remains.  This requires another warning, if you want to get the area cleaner on the last floor, you might want to haven then return and find it before fighting the boss.  I have not ever, seen the AC in the same section as the boss.  Melee characters do well attacking the boss, but all should be aware of the two restorative pillars next to him, destroying them first make for a shorter fight.

A book by Bloody Demise

ReturningZedd

Back to top Go down

skill gems and the ring :) plus the gas works area! Empty Re: skill gems and the ring :) plus the gas works area!

Post  Erikwithak Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:18 am

I didn't see anything about the other drops, gold, powercores. everything else looks good to me, maybe Nina has something to add. all in all pretty informative book>
Erikwithak
Erikwithak

Back to top Go down

skill gems and the ring :) plus the gas works area! Empty Re: skill gems and the ring :) plus the gas works area!

Post  L0BSTER Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:39 pm

This is a good book which will come in handy to know about the Skill ring..

you shall receive a publish contract soon: DONE!

L0BSTER

comment about Erik's feedback

The main topic was based around the * Skill Gem/Ring * - it would be nice to add about you can get gold and power cores, which is another place to acquire them but in this case.. the topic had a fair amount of information so the gold & cores was not really needed.

Wrote by Mrscloud --> https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com/t361-crackling-cores-in-clockwork?highlight=clockwork
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down