12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memoirs of a Mage: Land of Minotaur's

2 posters

Go down

Memoirs of a Mage: Land of Minotaur's Empty Memoirs of a Mage: Land of Minotaur's

Post  NachtSchatten Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:03 pm

It is the end of summer, just as the weather begins to warn of the encroaching winter, when I heard tale of an area that few had explored called The Land of Minotaurs. This made me curious, having delved deep into the underworld and seen many of the Elderkind leader fall made me wonder why no one has been there yet, so I asked if anyone knew where the enterance to this place was, a long time adventurer named Nina told me that it was located in The High Forest, there was a cave with a magic enchantment on it that would prohibit anyone with less than 2,000,000 EXP enter, so only the strong could continue to explore. Looking at my gear, I knew that my staff alone would not help, I purchased a mithril shield from those crafty dwarves in Mithrilfin. Then I began testing my spells to see which would help me the most with killing them, so I brought my damage shields, IGMS, Meteor Swarm, Wail of the Banshee, Horrid Wilting and Bigbys Grasping Hand. After resting to ensure I didn’t run out of spells, I journeyed to The High Forest in search of the mysterious cave.
Luckily it wasn’t hard to find, there was even a sign right outside the cave telling me where it led. Here is where I killed any minions that were after me and buffed for the battle to come. Upon exiting the cave, I noticed a Minotaur Beserker lingering near the exit. I cast Grasping
Hand at him to hold him in place, but he resisted it! Of course this minotaur was not happy about me casting this spell at him and he proceeded to charge at me, first thing I noticed is he moved with a speed akin to experienced monks. Of course I tried casting another Grasping Hand, I didn’t want to end up in melee with this beast but he made it to me before the spell could take hold. As I tried to step back away from him to avoid his giant axe, he slashed me across my chest and hit me with a MITHRIL STRIKE. 300 magic damage from that one swing coursed through my small frame, causing my life to flash before my eyes as he brought the axe back down on me but to my surprise he only hit me with a glancing blow that most of my shields and items protected me from. This seemed to anger the minotaur and he swung again ( mind you this all happened in a few seconds) this time he hit me with the MITHRIL STRIKE again, this time my body slowly slumped to the ground as death came to me.
Death said that he had further use for me and brought me back to the temple in TCWaN. Upon reflecting on the encounter, I realized I would need much better armor or reflexes to dodge those swings (+74 to hit). Being a mage, I knew this wasn’t really an option for me, so instead I reviewed my spell book to see if there was something that could help me, and behold! I found my Greater Sanctuary spell. I studied this spell to be able to cast a few, just in case they had a base with many floors in it and set back out to learn more of these creatures.
Upon returning to the cave, I decided to rebuff with my damage shields, just in case, and greater Sanctuary. This time the minotaur was standing where I had died, the blood barely dried but he paid me no mind while I examined him. It seemed he was being given damage resistance to all basic elements and mundane physical attacks, as well as True Seeing. I placed myself a little further away and tried again to catch him again in the Grasping Hand, to my surprised it worked! He was held fast so I began casting a few spells at him to see how tough he was. Due to his protection, he seemed to be effected only half as well against my spells. Luckily I had brought more than enough with me that I was able to kill him, but he took more spells than the Clone Aurum! I used almost all my spells to bring him down, but I avenged my death! After searching his body, seems the only thing he had on him was 200,000 gold. Quite a bit for a non-boss, but not worth trying to kill the rest to gather it.
I decided to recast my Greater Sanctuary so I could walk around this land without fear of dying again, in doing so I was about to discover that the area helded over a dozen minotaurs, in fact there were even casters there, but I was wise enough to know I wouldn’t win the fight against them easily, so I continued to explore. In the distance I noticed what looked like a temple with minotaurs standing guard. I open the right side door, but it lead nowhere, so I opened the left door as was able to descend into the Minotaurs base.
After climbing down the stairs, I found myself inside an old building. The smell of minotaurs and death hit me like a tsunami, I knew there was something powerful lurking in the depths. As I began exploring, I found more Minotaur Beserkers and Casters. Searching through room to room, I eventually found the way down to the next level.
The area I arrived to next reminded me of a basement, but why would a basement be in an old temple? My curiosity renewed, I continued down into the basement and found a different Minotaur waiting. These were carrying large swords so ill call them Sword Warriors, they were spread out through the area with more Casters and Beserkers. Thank the gods I brought extra Greater Sanctuary with me. I worked my way through this area as well, noting how I hadnt found any bodies or chests with loot. In the back of the basement I found a stairway, but the aura from below gave me pause, for if I was to go down there I would probably end up dead again. But we cant let something as small as death deter us, we are adventurers!! So I used my Golden Dragon Egg to teleport somewhere safe to rest and regain my spells, id rather be safe than sorry.
Upon reaching the (I hope) last level of the Minotaurs base, I found more Sword Warriors, Casters and Beserkers waiting for me. Working my way back carefully I came to this HUGE room with what appeared to be guards lined up facing the door, as if they were expecting the intruder. Luckily my spell kept me safe as I moved to the back of the room and there he was. A Large Minotaur awaiting in the back, to which I could assume he was the leader. With nothing else interesting in the room (other than swinging dwarven skeletons) I moved behind him and prepared to cast Grasping Hand. I was fully expecting to die against him but could resist the temptation of whatever loot he may be carrying, but as I cast my spell one of the Minotaur Berserkers caught my scent and charged. I know my spells hit the leader, but he was unphased as my 3 Grasping Hands beat his magic resistance but failed to grab him. With the leader and the berserker on top of me, it wasn’t long before I was once again staring at death as he shook his head, much like a parent does when a child does something goofy and makes a mess of things.
That is where my story of the Lands of the Minotaurs end, but I will return one day to find out what they carry. Maybe I should get some fellow adventurers to explore it with me…….

Please give contract to Right Hand of the Reaper.

NachtSchatten

Back to top Go down

Memoirs of a Mage: Land of Minotaur's Empty Re: Memoirs of a Mage: Land of Minotaur's

Post  L0BSTER Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:24 pm

That was a good story to read, I look forward to hearing how you would finish it.

Publish Contract has been received:DONE

L0BSTER
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down