12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whirlwind feats

3 posters

Go down

Whirlwind feats Empty Whirlwind feats

Post  ReturningZedd Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:05 pm

I was wondering around the bar in the Grey Gargoyle Inn when I noticed a group of adventurers nursing their drinks, having a conversation of what appeared to be about tactics and when and how to apply the training they received over the seasons to it's... most effectiveness.

They seemed to be in a debate about the way a weapon wielder could take down the flying menaces' found in the Heart of Destruction. It was an interesting conversation that lead to the best weapons. It was a fine conversation to spend with friends and a wet drink.

Player info: Whirlwind works like it says when it is selected in character feat selection, roll to hit each foe, damage will be based on the weapon used. Improved whirlwind works some what differently. This feat works the way it says in feat selection PLUS it has been scripted to do an area effect attack also independent of the "to hit" roll.

Percentages – these add up.
- If you are using one weapon with 2 hands or using a single weapon = 15%
- If your using a Double Handed Weapon = 15%
- if your using dual hands melee = 15% - (so you could use a one hand axe with a sword.. and you would get 15%..) - (or be the same in both hands)
- AMBIDEXTERITY = 5%
- IMPROVED TWO WEAPON FIGHTING = 10%
- If you have Monk or Weapon Master class with Kama’s.. each will give 15%, so you would have 30% if both in hand.

The area damage is based on two things: weapon or weapons used and if you have all three two weapon fighting feats.

For kama's when using improved whirlwind the combat log will tell you Bonus 30%, for any other weapon weapon the damage will say 20%, and if unarmed the damage bonus will say 15%.

Add 5% for each two weapon fighting feat one has. These are: improved two weapon fighting, ambidexterity and two weapon fighting.

If one is not using kama's but has another weapon instead, the bonus for these three feats is an additional 10%. These percentage numbers only mean one thing: the higher the number the more damage you do to each foe in the area effect of the improved whirlwind attack.

Also in addition to the AOE attack you will roll with the whirlwind attack a "to hit" roll. If the roll is successful. one will do and roll the damage for the weapon for the successful strike.

An example of this: my mithril kama user has an improved whirlwind number of 45%. She goes to HoD and uses improved whirlwind against an imp there. For this roll she rolls a "5" not enough to hit them but the AoE still takes effect and she does 115 damage to the lone imp she is facing minus the imps defences I do 65 (115-50 damage reduction) damage.

I would have done more if my attack roll of 5 actually hit, so lets say it did, then I would have done an additional amount of physical + the 20 positive minus the creatures defenses of 50, so the result of that strike would have been 20 additional damage.

If my physical attack roll from my strength and the d6 a kama does had exceeded 50, say if I did 55 points of physical damage I would have done an additional 25 points of damage.

Ultimately, improved whirlwind is good or great for any foe that is hard to hit and can be physically damaged.

A book for a future character,

NOTE: As of September 2, 2022 the Dungeon Master, as added a little bit of damage done by improved whirlwind based on ones mithril count.  In game if ones uses an improved whirlwind feat to do damage to the foes around user, the combat log displays ones base percentage for the attack plus a mithril bonus.

Last edited by ReturningZedd on Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:35 am; edited 4 times in total

ReturningZedd

Back to top Go down

Whirlwind feats Empty Re: Whirlwind feats

Post  L0BSTER Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:43 pm

Good Book Zedd. Smile

Your book will be put on hold.. Smile
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Whirlwind feats Empty Re: Whirlwind feats