12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Players Accounts More Secure

2 posters

Go down

Making Players Accounts More Secure Empty Making Players Accounts More Secure

Post  L0BSTER Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Hello Players

I will be implement a CD Key locker that will be locked to that account. I am doing this because I don’t want players accounts messed with and I am sure you would feel more secure that no one will be able to access your account part from you.

The players that has more than one CD-Key will be given the option to add another account to that key.
So… once your login into 12ds That will be your first CD-Key locked to that account and you will have a spare if you want to add another.

To get another CD-Key access to that account you must come to the DM and ask. You will be given a rod that says “Add Another CD Key”. Once you have used the rod and completed the conversation –

Please Log out and change your CD-Key.ini to the next CD-key you will want to use on that account. Then log back in.

If you have problems logging-in/lost Key “Please Send me a message on the forums that you cannot access your account and I will sort it out” and provide the (Account Name) <- so I know who.

I will give you time to think about what key will be used on which account.

You will have until the 20th of this month then the CD Key Locker will be active.

L0BSTER
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Making Players Accounts More Secure Empty Re: Making Players Accounts More Secure

Post  L0BSTER Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:33 pm

Could someone please inform ("Phantom" - harold101) of this post so he understands what is happening..

ITS IMPORTANT!

Thank you

L0BSTER
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

Back to top Go down

Making Players Accounts More Secure Empty Re: Making Players Accounts More Secure

Post  Nordberg Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:57 pm

I have a question or three. I have been playing on a home computer since the start-up. I went away on holiday Thanksgiving and when I came back, some of my settings seemed to be 'changed'. I don't know exactly what it was. Tuesday night (11/21) it was fine and I was able to have a good time. I came back on Friday (11/24) and NWN is all choppy and laggy. I tried to reset my computer and my modem, but that hasn't helped. I tried to start up Minecraft and that didn't work either. It said it crashed due to an error (Pixel format not accelerated) to be exact.

I googled this and it seems that my graphics card needed updated or something. I tried to do this and I think it said that it was already updated and it couldn't anymore. Since I don't know what happened and how to fix it, I was thinking about downloading NWN on another computer that my son typically plays on. I guess some of my short questions to this long situation is will I get the banned message? Is there anything I need to do to prevent this? I would like for this to go as smothly as possible and since both computers will have the same game with same keycodes will this work?

Please let me know as I would like to start getting this going sometime this week.

Thanks,

Nordberg

Nordberg

Back to top Go down

Post  L0BSTER Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:56 am

If your computer is using the same CD - key you should be fine because its just a pure copy of your nwn and you are only using one account to login into the server with that name.

if there is a problem I will hand over a CD-key Wand that you will use which will allow you to add another CD-key access to that account.

"if it comes to that you can not login at all" - I will access my DM write my command to delete your CD-key so that it will be reset'ed, and the next time you login it will be a fresh key on my database.

either way let me know... cheers
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nordberg Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:04 pm

Perfect! Thank you!

Nordberg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum