12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

spyder traps

2 posters

Go down

spyder traps Empty spyder traps

Post  ReturningZedd Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:38 pm

Once upon a time, all good stories start with "Once upon a time" , but this is a retelling of a story a friend of mine told me so it may not be as good, but please bear with me.  My friend, who was always light on his feet and could move like the wind, told me of Spyder, the trap seller in Merrappi's main floor.  According to my friend, he could and did buy traps from Spyder and used them to kill numerous foes all over 12 DS.
    My response was "How boring, you wait around laying down 100 traps hoping someone walks into it?"

His response was a grin, added with "Wanna put some gold on that statement?"

I could not say "Done! The usual stakes?" fast enough, and then we agreed on the particulars on who the target would be and how long he would have to kill him.  Once we decided on a Black, vile creatures mind you, and under two minutes I thought my gold was safe.  

So we ported to the Cavern of Power, and I watched him go to work. It only took him 10 seconds to lay down 2 traps, and another 15 seconds to locate a White and a Black close by.    

He asked me, "Can you take care of the White? I only set up enough for the Dark, besides I think the White has full pockets, and you might need the gold after this, I am feeling thirsty. And once you have dealt with him, lead the Black to my Spyder's traps"  So I took my sword and marched to the White slaying him in under 20 seconds and lead the Black to my friends set up. We had 20 seconds left when the black hit both traps.  I stared in shock as the Black got stunned by the trap, and reduced the vile creature to about 5% of it's remaining life left.  My friend waited two seconds and pulled out an acid pot to finish off the creature before he could drink his heal potion.

Laughing my friend said "Pay up!! Two traps and in under 2 minutes, I believe were the conditions of the bet, and look at the proof of how deadly traps can be!"

I joined him in his laughter and said "Yes, you won, meet you at the inn so I can payoff this bet?" At his nod we both used our portal runes and headed toward the Grey Gargoyle Inn.  Over the meal, I asked "How come these traps are so much more effective than the other traps I have seen?"

"Because Spyder is truly a Master  at crafting traps. His traps do damage based on the skill the trap setter has.  And they are not limited to just damaging a foe, did you notice the stun that happened when the trap was encountered?" At my nod he continued, "that is because I have a medusa eye in my bag. If one has a time stop scroll in a bag, the traps will stun for 2 secs, 1 without. The damage is not based solely on my skill in setting traps, it gets enhanced by having a crackling power core in my bag.  There is more to it of course, as you know the items I use hunting adds to my ability to effectively lay down my traps."

"You mean the thieves dagger and Digizt garb?", at his nod I continued "What happens when you run outta traps?"

"Since the fine young serving maid is trying to get my attention, I will leave that and the rest for another time.  See ya later Reckless"

"Take care my friend, till next time."

OOC-spyder's traps do damage based on set trap skill and do get doubled by the crackling power core found in the golem fortress.  The medusas eye can be found by visiting the smokey caverns, and a time stop scroll can be purchased in TCwaN's potion vendor.

Last edited by ReturningZedd on Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:36 am; edited 4 times in total

ReturningZedd

Back to top Go down

spyder traps Empty Re: spyder traps

Post  Erikwithak Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:44 am

crackling power core enhances the damage, Medusa eye gives the chance to stun, timestop scroll doubles the duration of the stun,
hide, move silent, set trap, and disable trap all increase damage as well I believe.
I am not 100% sure if widow's mark dagger and Digitz gear set are needed to enhance trap damage but it is required for Spyder to even sell you traps. they both may need to be equipt.
I am sure of one thing, the elderkind traps do just as much damage with the Widow and Digitz
Might wanna mention the traps cost gold to get them
I'll help with details, should also include the process to get the trap discount (Spyder's patch) and the traveling trap maker (Spyder's Spinnerette)
This a topic that has been needing a good book that's why I would like to see a bit more how-to info included

Thank you, Lord Thorak
Erikwithak
Erikwithak

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikwithak Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Reckles Abandone has received a Publishing contract
Erikwithak
Erikwithak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content