12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "Bloody Stings" Rapier

3 posters

Go down

The "Bloody Stings" Rapier Empty The "Bloody Stings" Rapier

Post  Lucy Likes Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:13 am

Editor's Note - The "Bloody Stings" rapier has had a tempestuous development, inciting protest and support at every twist and turn. The properties and stats have been nerfed and restored, changed and tweaked, with bewildering regularity. Finally (April 2022)  it appears that a semblance of stability has been achieved, hence this book has been updated, perhaps for the final time.

The "Bloody Stings" rapier can be obtained from the Underworld Decay Quarantine vendor, where it will cost 10,000 of your hard earned experience points. For this you will receive a weapon with the following base stats.

"Bloody Stings"
Base Damage: 1d6
Base Critical Threat: 18-20/x2
Base Damage Type: Piercing
Weapon Size: Medium
Feats Required: Martial, Rogue, or Elf
Base Item: Rapier
Weight: 3.0

Special Properties
Attack Bonus: +8
Damage Bonus: Magical 10 Damage
Damage Bonus: Negative Energy 10 Damage
Damage Bonus: Piercing 10 Damage
Damage Bonus: Slashing 10 Damage
Keen

The rapier may be upgraded twice by conversation with Samir Nagheenanajar at the Crafter's Guild in the ruins of Mithrilfin, for which you need a Mithril gift count of 1000 to enter. The first upgrade will remove 500 from your mithril gift count. The second upgrade will cost you 5 mithril dusts, 5 mithril chips, 5 mithril nuggets, and will remove 2000 from your mithril gift count.

Special Properties (Upgrade 1)
On Hit: Unique Power (On Hit) Level 5

Special Properties (Upgrade 2)
On Hit: Unique Power (On Hit) Level 5

The first upgrade adds a "Small Sting" as the unique On Hit power. This does extra magical damage and gives you back a number of hit points if your health is below normal. Both the damage and the healing are apparently dependant on your Heal skill level. The second upgrade also adds a "Fatal Hit" a "Critical Sting" and a "Widespread Sting" to the unique On Hit power. The "Fatal Hit" does even more extra magical damage, the "Critical Sting" allows critical hits on critical immune enemies, and the "Widespread sting" is an area damage to all engaged enemies provided you have one of the power attacks enabled. The radius of the area damage is less than that of a Mithril weapon. All of these effects are dependant on your current mithril count so keep it high Smile

Interestingly, if you obtain a second "Bloody Stings" rapier from the underworld you will not need to upgrade it again as the upgrades will apply to both weapons.

Lucy Likes

Last edited by Lucy Likes on Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:33 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Weapon stats seem to be stable these days :))

Lucy Likes

Back to top Go down

The "Bloody Stings" Rapier Empty Re: The "Bloody Stings" Rapier

Post  Erikwithak Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:15 am

this is an excellent addition to the Library book collection . 1 of your future char. will be granted a publishing contract
I do believe skills come into play in the weapon, like heal skill adds to the amount of HP healed, and mith count adds to your damage........ would be useful info to add
Also I am now getting wide sting and crit sting after I bring my mith count.

Last edited by Erikwithak on Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Erikwithak
Erikwithak

Back to top Go down

Post  Erikwithak Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:17 am

if information is true, then either my rapiers are buggered or I am missing some skill stat levl I dunno, ok I figured it out, I didn't re-equipt them
Erikwithak
Erikwithak

Back to top Go down

Post  L0BSTER Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:22 pm

Rosy Likes, has receive her publish contract.

DONE !!
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down