12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fear of the Dark

2 posters

Go down

Fear of the Dark Empty Fear of the Dark

Post  Filox Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:19 pm

I was having a walk in Deep Thoughts University and I decided to stop in the library, to get some rest from the fight against the Elderkind. My eyes soon catched a look to a book with a strange cover, like an humanoid face. My curiosity won and I took it from the shelf.
First I saw was the tittle. Dark. Hmmmm, that is familiar for me, so I have spent most of my life in the Underdark.
In the moment I opened it, I realized i was not in the library anymore.
Instead, true dark was all my eyes could see. Hearing some strange noises, like lots of feet walking over stone. Using my hands to touch the walls, I started walking through a narrow corridor in front of me.
My eyes started to get used to that darkness and I could see some figures coming to attack me. My bow started throwing mithril arrows and the explosions let me see another kind of creatures than these ant-kind that was attacking me. At the bottom of the room there were some driders, that I know well.
But these driders... had something I've never seen before. I managed to kill one from long distance, but the other one approached and started attacking me. With an unbelievable movement of his hands, he took the bow away from my hands.
I had seen this tactic before. Disarm an oponent can be a good movement in a fight. The time your opponent is looking down to get the weapon back, you can attack him without opposition.
I started to look for my bow, but it wasnt anywhere. I was receiving hits and started to get in panic. How could that be?
I had to use my golden nugget to take a breath in Speakers Haven and think about. One thing I remember from some fellows I saw that was disarmed in combat: The weapon returns to their packs.
So I checked there, with no results. The bow had gone. My mithril enhanced bow that took me so hard to get. Frustrating.
Life goes on, I thought. Put some shield spells on me, put my gloves of the Open Palm on, and walked back to that damn place.
The fight was hard, cause I'm not get used to fight with bare hands. But finally I made it. My first though was a second look at the place to find my bow, so I did it, but deffinetly the bow wasn't there.
I started to kick the drider's corpse, moved by the rage. My bow...
And I heard a sound of wood. I moved the corpse aside and looked into his pack. And there it was! My Mithril Bow! How could that be? He disarmed me and put my bow in his packback?
Holding my bow hard untill my knuckles went white, I decided to go out from there and never come back. There's no reward that compensates the loosing of my weapon.
How a drow can say what I am about to say?
I do not deny it: I am fear of the dark. And you who are reading this... you should too.

Zhalesh Zhad'Id'Hea, the exiled Huntress.

Submitted book for a publishing contract.

Filox

Back to top Go down

Fear of the Dark Empty Re: Fear of the Dark

Post  L0BSTER Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:11 am

Nice story about the Deep Library "Dark" - Filox

You will receive a Publish contract soon..

L0BSTER

Edit -----------

Publish Contract DONE !!!
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down