12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother's Milk

3 posters

Go down

Mother's Milk Empty Mother's Milk

Post  ReturningZedd Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:41 am

The story:
    I was taking a well earned break from fighting the Elderkind, enjoying a good beer, when I saw Reckless Abonden enter the bar, looking quite the worse for wear.  Before anyone could make way for him, I invited him to sit down and relax, the first drink was on me.  He smiled and sat down.  I flagged our servers attention, ordered another drink for myself and turned my gaze to Reckless, he asked for a stiff drink, which caused my to raise me eyebrow to him and ask, "What's got you in such a mood?"
    His response surprised me when he just muttered "Favors."
    Not letting the story end there I decided he was going to need some prompting to tell me more, so I said "Care to elaborate?"
    "I owed a favor to the bard Tryst, and at the time I was thinking 'What can a bard want that would give me that much trouble?' did she ask for help clearing out the the Asylum or maybe grab a gold nugget,  Oh no it was more along the lines of "I am cashing in the favor you owe me Reckless, and I want mother's milk from the creature protecting it, called "Black Mother" in the Ominous Cave"  I thought how hard can IT BE?"  I ran through the realm of the northern chieftain and entered the area referred to as "The Climb".  This area is not for the weak of heart, I found it to be physically challenging to move up the hills to where the cave dwells.  Two thirds of the way up the mountain I found the cave."
    I entered and it was enormous.  So I started searching for the mother possessing my prize.  I only found a few big crawley spiders, so I started eliminating them to flush the black mother out of hiding.  It took a while for it to work but she eventually showed up in the center of the cave.  After a long fight I finally put her down and recovered the poison I was sent for.
    I looked at him and could see no indication that was anything but serious, so I asked him "The moral of this story is 'Don't owe people favor's?'"
 He just laughed in response.
In game player information:
To make the Climb characters need to have a modified 40 strength and dexterity.
the Ominous Cave is a huge map but all paths lead to the center where the Black mother spawns and all but the one leading to the cave entrance has a small "cubby hole" where 1 "Big Fat Crawley" resides. The character has to kill three spiders to summon the Black Mother.
Unlike other poisons you do not apply mother's milk to a weapon.  Instead a player will hot key the milk, or use from inventory, by selecting it and aiming it at a foe.  The poison does 4 rounds of magical damage, each round a % of the targets hit points is lost and against really tough foes one might find the need to apply the poison TWICE.  To double poison something you must immediately click the poison on the target, then do it again. If one waits to long, the target will become immune. There is a chance with each use that the mother's milk will get "used up" and disappear from your inventory.  I am not sure the odds of it disappearing will not change and currently the odds are a 5% chance of it disappearing.  It only can be used by Assassins and characters of the Blackgaurd class, and unfortunately that cannot be by passed by the U.M.D. skill because when it is applied the server looks for the "use poison" feat , and if you do not have it, mother's milk will not do anything.
A book by Kruel 2B Kind

Last edited by ReturningZedd on Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:09 am; edited 3 times in total

ReturningZedd

Back to top Go down

Mother's Milk Empty Re: Mother's Milk

Post  L0BSTER Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:12 pm

Great book Zedd - This will come in handy for players to know about.

Publish contract has been received:DONE

L0BSTER.
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mother's Milk Empty Update on Stats Requirements

Post  redwings Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:36 pm

Nina just told us that a base 30 is required for STR and DEX before any enhancements

redwings

Back to top Go down

Mother's Milk Empty Re: Mother's Milk

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum