12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Sorcerer's Guide

2 posters

Go down

Useful?

A New Sorcerer's Guide I_vote_lcap0%A New Sorcerer's Guide I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
A New Sorcerer's Guide I_vote_lcap0%A New Sorcerer's Guide I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
A New Sorcerer's Guide I_vote_lcap100%A New Sorcerer's Guide I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 2

A New Sorcerer's Guide Empty A New Sorcerer's Guide

Post  zack4994kcaz Wed May 06, 2020 11:01 pm

in my search of knowledge I stumbled across a book by the name of "Tue's comprehensive starter guide". This is a fantastic guide, BUT i will caution that many of the recommendations are not very Sorc friendly.
*** i will also be assuming that you are starting COMPLETELY fresh (meaning that no gear was available in the community chest, brought in from another char, OR given to you)

1st head to the docks area to the west of the temple. once into that area got to the south side and enter the ship. inside the ship you will find a couple of crates with for easy loot inside. Now fair warning you will have to fight a leopard and 2 rats (the rats will spawn 1 at a time and dont show up until after you kill the leopard). take the fish and sell it to "Guster" (he is in the docks area near a food stand in the middle of the square as you enter the area.) he will buy the bundled fish for 50gp each and you should get on average 3 fish from the crates. sell anything else you find in the temple.

Now you should have more than 108gp so head over to the magic imbiber on the west side of town, he has a sign with his name on it outside the shop. buy the invis potion from him(dont drink it yet!). now head to the portal in the temple, pay the fee, and step through the portal. and head to the "room with 7 doors" portal. go through either of the north most doors. as soon as you get into the area look and see if gorg is there... if he is immediately step back through the portal, go to crossed blades(CB), talk with skippy and get his token so you respawn in CB, goto the bank deposit your $ and then go back to the room with 7 doors. get gorg to follow you and run him away from the north side. if you manage to trap him behind a door great but if you die you will be able to respawn without much penalty. head through the north most door.

now head north until you find 1 of the bridges with a pillar of light. drink the invis potion and head through the light. keep heading to the next light pillar until you reach the set of 4 (it will be obvious.) these 4 are linked and there is no set pattern meaning that when you click on a pillar the one you will teleport to will be random. SO keep  going through the pillars until you reach teh southern one. run to teh center of the platform and click on the wind chimes. talk with the NPC QUICKLY bc you are still invis'd and you are on a clock. as soon as you are out of the conversation check your inventory and equip the boots - dont take the level yet! click on the wind chimes in that area, and head back to the pillars. now keep going through the pillars until you get the northern one. quickly head to the EAST side of the northern one and cross the pillar there, immeadiately go into the chest and loot EVERYTHING but start with the greater ring of regen and the foul invis potion. *warning* as soon as you open the chest the mobs will attack BUT they should try to punch you instead of casting. but they will only throw 2-3 punches then begin casting SO you had better have quick fingers!!! as soon as you have all the loot (there will only be 1 page worth of loot) cross BACK through the pillar and across the northern island to the WEST side (*cue finger snaps*). go through that pillar, raid that chest (being just as quick) and cross back out through the west pillar. now go back to the set of 4 and when you get either the east or west pillars make for you exit!! if you were moderately quick you should have plently of time to make it back to safety.

Head to Crossed blades (cone) and then to sling's tavern talk to sling and sell the loot. now you should have gotten a couple hundred GP in one of the chests and if you get both you should get anywhere from 1700-2800 GP. (if you are a sorc i would recommend holding on to the stormbringer's robe for the AC bonus for now, it will be worth 637gp so choose accordingly). also **DONT** sell the foul invis potion as it only sells for 1 gp and is a free invis potion. between this and the loot from the docks you should have enough for the temple donation receipt (aka: portal contract.) (run back to the city and in front of the temple is an NPC named "construction foreman" give him 2000 gp and he will give a donation receipt that will allow you to use the temp portal for free.)
you can use the foul potion you saved to now go get you belt from gathol lab B. when you enter the area drink the foul invis. on you right side you should see 3 doorways with NO doors. Head through the one that is furthest from the portal. Now RUN through and dont stop for loot, the path is fairly obvious. in the last room you come to there is a flaming alter. Talk with it and select the belt that is best for you. (if you are a sorc you are probably going to want the waistband of charms. Set A i believe) DONT FORGET you are still invis'd and your time is limited so dont take too long to think about it.

Head back to crossed blades and head to the North. there are 2 paths that lead to 2 areas, take the EAST one. keep following the path to the north once you have crossed into the area and you will find a tower. inside the tower is the owl. he will give you 1 of the 12 dark secrets and everytime you want to find another he can give you a hint. NOTE: he will suggest them in order of ascending difficulty so if you are new he will give you the best order. (with the exception of the 2 that you will already have done if you have followed this guide. i suggest doing these 1st since it will give you a HUGE boost with decent gear and will make doing the rest MUCH easier.)

From this point on im really just going to give a list of the different areas and a few suggestions about each. but i would suggest that you get the portal rune before trying to get any more and that you keep any invis potions you come across as quite a few more can be done without killing anything.

(list of the 12 DS in order if you sort by name)
Ancient Key -- found in eastlands, trade the goblin's head to the farmer.
Ancient Alter of Flame -- gathol B (see above)
Ancient Cavern Crystal -- go CB north west area transition. follow wall to the right counter clockwise. there is an area transistion hidden in bushes next to the bandit cheif. you HAVE to be the one who scores the killing blow on the dragon.
Ancient Gate lock -- go 7 doors north. make sure you do stone shard 1st as you can use the item to heal marvel which will take him down to 1 HP.
Ancient Stone Shard -- go CB. then south east side. once in that area there is a farmer's shack on the South East side that has a crate with a couple of the hearts in it. ***Note to players when you have extra hearts put them here instead of the community chest***
Ancient Tailsman -- marvel's scholar, forge. invis before you talk with the scholar. you can walk all the way down just dont get too close the beetles.
Ancient Well Water -- find marvels scholar in the city. have him send you to the still. there is an "L" shaped hall way with a hidden door in it. keep the well keeper's cloak as you will need it when you hit lvl 20
Copy of an Ancient Book -- hermit is on the west side of CB on a hill. the ramp up is on the north side.
Great Owl's Help -- north of CB (see above)
Knowledge of the Ancient Portals -- in beryl grotto, you can invis to this one.
Sack of Ancient Dust -- gathol palace. doorway with a door furthest from the gathol B portal. Only 1 person can do this secret at a time.

Look for another Guide detailing some spots that are better for leveling as a Sorc in another guide.

Last edited by zack4994kcaz on Wed May 06, 2020 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

zack4994kcaz

Back to top Go down

A New Sorcerer's Guide Empty Re: A New Sorcerer's Guide

Post  Erikwithak Wed May 06, 2020 11:29 pm

nice book, a couple edits though, what is a temple portal contract? also before starting goto see Alexandra in the Tcwan library and pickup her first quest which is to deliver a message to the owl

and the contract is yours

Lord Thorak

Crapae Diem has received a Publishing contract
Erikwithak
Erikwithak

Back to top Go down