12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventurer's Advice

2 posters

Go down

Adventurer's Advice Empty Adventurer's Advice

Post  TattooedSanta Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:36 am

The first bit of advice I could give would be to take advantage of all the benefits of the community within 12 DS. There is some awesome armor available if you can get an HC to get you 5 waters, you can venture to Gathol and the Treefriend. Make sure you GIVE the waters to her. Make sure you are checking the Community Chest in the temple. A lot of the higher-level characters like to take lower level characters on runs for all kinds of things. If you adventure with them, only loot what is offered, and thank them for the run. If you are having issues gaining levels or completing a certain quest chain just ask in party chat. The community here is awesome at advice and helping others. If you die, give the group a few min to get to you and they will res you soon. Below is my “How to” for the folks new to this realm.

Level 1
If you start in TCWAN and head West to the docks you can speak to everyone. Find the captain and the fish merchant. Head into the captain’s ship and kill the leopard and gather some fish from the crates. After you get and equip the water breathing ring. Talk to Kalina. Enter the water and fight some sharks. They can be a bit tough but give decent XP at low levels. After you find Kalina's clothing, return it to her and get the 2000GP reward. At this point I give 2000 to the foreman in TCWAN so I can use the portals for free I give 2000 to the foreman in TCWAN so I can use the portals for free. Keep the receipt on you.

Level 2-3
Eastlands has fire beetles, Goblins, and Orcs. Each with a tougher cousin nearby. Talk to the farmer and see if you can find the secret passage. All mobs in this area respawn very quickly. Once lvl 3 or so head into the secret area and find the Goblin Chief. Kill him and take his head to the farmer. Once you turn in that quest, talk to the farmer again, and tell him you will help with the goblin problem. The system will keep track of each goblin you kill until server reset. Head south to see Ambrose and get his Shake and Feed Quest. Then keep killing goblins, Fire Beetles, and Orcs. The orcs drop the Shake and Feed. Sometime before reset, talk to the farmer and he will give you 100 GP for each goblin killed. I usually do this until I have a couple thousand or more GP. Then I buy 3 or 4 invis potions.

Level 4-5
From there I like to head to 7 doors north and use one of the invis potions to get the windwalker boots and that secret. After equipping the windwalker boots, quickly get back to TCWAN. If I am not level 5 by now, I head back to Eastlands to work on Ambrose's Shake and Feed quest and more goblin bounties. (Make sure to talk to the farmer again to get the bounty quests and turn them in as you leave the area.)

Level 5-6
Head south from TCWAN to Southfields. Southfields has a few dogs and other animals that can be killed for a few XP if you wish. Continue south to the Forrest Road, Unpatrolled. Stay on the path and kill the animals that attack. Continue south to the Forrest road and find the Beeman. Buy honey number 2 from him and continue south to Crossed Blades. Ber sure to stay on the road to avoid Bandit encounters. When in Crossed Blades go up on the hill to the west and find the hermit. He will give you a secret. Continue south and find the Dragon's Lair. I like to buy a lockpick set from Sling and then head back to Crossed Blades. Head south to South path and avoid the pillar area for a while. While here open the shack and get any of the gems that are in it. Hearts of Stone, Iron, and Clay. You will need 9 total, so don't get greedy and only take what you need.
Exit the shack and continue south. Just before entering the next area, use an invis potion. While invis, head south into Gathol Woods. Find your way to the northeast corner and look for the hidden trap door. Once the trapdoor is found, enter and use the honey number 2 to disable the traps. After the traps are cleared, unlock the chest and take the portal rune. Use the portal rune and return to the temple. Exit the temple and head south twice to the forest road, unpatrolled. Search for the entrance to the mines and enter. Kill the inhabitance of the mines and continue deeper and deeper into the mines. When you reach the ancient shrine, kill the Darkwarter Beetles. They are great XP and respawn pretty fast, but have a breath weapon that does some decent damage if not mitigated properly.

Level 6-7
Search the area past the gates until you summon the Illusion of Whatur. Talk to the Illusion and earn another secret. The beetles respawn ridiculously fast and are good XP.. Keep killing them until the XP per kill drops down to below 100 per kill. At level 7 the XP per kill is around 85. It is not difficult to level rapidly in this area. When done here, port and head back to Eastlands.

Levels 8-9
Continue the search for Shake and Feed until you complete the quest and get the second quest from Ambrose. Then continue east from Eastlands to Giant hills and kill ettins until you find the chest with the Ettin bone necklace. Identify and equip it. Port and head back to crossed blades. Go north to Great Owl's woods. Find the great owl's tower and get another secret. Head back south to Crossed blades, then south to South Path. Again, get the Hearts of sone, iron, and clay from the shack. Then head to the pillars to kill golems. Kill the golems until you have 9 of each of the different hearts. At level 8, these golems are worth about 200 Xp each. If all of them are dead and you still need hearts. Head south to Gathol Woods and kill some of the white apes you avoided to get the portal rune. The large ones are worth about 200 XP also. Avoid the Woods Guardians until you are a bit stronger. Keep killing apes and golems until you have have all 9 of each heart. Once you have these hearts unlock the secret of the pillars. Keep killing Apes and Golems as they respawn until the XP per kill drops down a bit.
Port and head to the temple. Exit the temple and head east to Eastlands again. Go North out of Eastlands to the ruined city. As you enter, there is a tower with a door just to the right. Go in there and this will take you to the ancient crypt. Kill trolls and check the loot for clues to the next secret. Once you find the trap door, enter and dispatch the enemies you encounter. Be sure to loot what the Wellkeeper drops and equip your new cloak. Examine the well and get a secret and some bracers.

Levels 10-11
Port again, head to Crossed Blades and then south again to the Golems and Apes. Visit Dejah in Gathol woods and accept her first quest. I recommend removing the Ettin bone necklace before you head into Gathol city. Kill mobs in Gathol city and open EVERY DOOR. Mouse over the door and if it is an entry, go in. The screen will tell you how many doors out of 10 you have completed. Turn right around and return to Gathol City. Continue killing mobs and entering doors around Gathol until you have all 10 completed. GO up the ramp at the south end of Gathol and enter the palace. Enter the palace and kill mobs until you get to an elite wielding a green sword. Defeat him and take the key from his loot. Find the chest in the room that he was in and unlock it with the newly acquired key. Another secret, and a once a day summon of an avatar that will level up as you do. After you get this secret, head back to Dejah and turn in the quest for 1000 XP and another quest. At this point we are not really ready for the next step in the quest, but close.
Port and head to 7 doors. Once there go north. Once in 7 doors north, head east and look for a trap door near the broken paving stones. Enter and follow the path all the way to the end. Open the door at the end of the path and enter Mar-vell's Tomb. The vampires in here are good XP, but the corpse on top of the steps is the goal. Wake the corpse, defeat him and loot the remains. Make sure to get the key on the second page. Equipping the helmet will help while fighting vampires. Your new avatar likes fighting vampires also; use him. Defeat the vampires near one of the big doors to the south and use the key to open and go through the door.
This new area is the Gateway. Enter the gateway and talk to the statue facing the gate. Once the secret is gained, go through the gate. Once through the gate, go through the portal and head to the portal plane.

Lvl 12-15 (or 20)
Now I will introduce you to one of the most XP rich areas for characters under level 20. From the portal plane head to Crossed Blades again, and north to the forest road. hug the right forest line killing bandits until you get to the bandit chief. Once you kill him, look for some rock outcroppings and find the area transition near the rocks. Enter that area. This is the crystal caverns. Mar-vell's helmet will save you from their mind spells. The electricity does some damage but if you can kill them fast enough, they can’t get to the electric spells. Have your avatar help here. The Crystal keepers spawn Crystal spirits and the Spirits drop various caster loot. These mobs give 384 XP at lvl 12, and 200+ XP all the way to level 20. It is possible to just keep running this area all the way to 20, but that gets boring. What I usually do is as soon as I can run this area, I do and once I level or get an equipment upgrade, I try more difficult areas and return here.
Find the passage to the second level and go on down. When you get down take the path north out of that room. When you get to the intersection you have 4 choices. Continue north, go East, go West, or go back South. North is a locked gate with a dragon on the other side. The dragon is the next secret, but a key is required to open the gate. Search the level for a mob that drops a key. Use it on the gate and kill a dragon. Be careful to park your avatar behind the gate or unsummon. The secret is given to the one that takes the death blow, and sometimes the avatar will get the kill, and you will have to wait for a respawn to get the secret.

Lvl 15-20
The last secret is in Beryl Grotto. Just port and use the Beryl Grotto passage. Kill things until you find what looks like a tombstone. Touch it. The interesting thing about this area is that the XP seems to change from regular to EPIC XP so if you can clear this area, it is good XP after 20 also. After I have all 12 secrets, I check the Plane of Elderkind and see how I fare. If I can kill the ones on the Plane, I continue there, if not I head back to the Crystal cavern, or test my mettle in Gathol 90210 (ant like creatures) or Gathol 0000 0101 (Umber hulks). The umber hulks provide epic XP so this area is also good for after 20. Be careful not to annoy Higa, as her second form hits REALLY HARD. The Queen in 90210 also drops the next item for Ambrose's quest chain. If you do end up killing Higa in 0000 0101 make sure to loot the eyes. You will need two of them for Ambrose's next quest. These areas provide good XP and a little variety instead of just Crystal caverns. I like to rotate between them until I can defeat the mobs on the Elderkind plane.

By this time you should be near level 20 and ready to fight for all the Epic XP you can gather.

This book written for a publishing contract for Ded Moroz

TattooedSanta

Back to top Go down

Adventurer's Advice Empty Re: Adventurer's Advice

Post  L0BSTER Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:01 pm

This will be a fantastic book to put into the library Smile

Keep up the good work.

You shall receive a publish Contract soon.

L0BSTER

PUBLISH CONTRACT HAS BEEN RECEIVED:Done !
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum