12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lodestone Mining

2 posters

Go down

Lodestone Mining Empty Lodestone Mining

Post  Mindstain75 Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:18 am

My name is Cyrus Bane. I entered The City with a Name in hopes of entering the Underworld in search of alliance with my new liege Cyric. Baphomet's continuous favoritism he shows to brutes and other minotaurs had begun to annoy me. Upon entering the city I discovered a small farm just outside the city walls. I happened upon a quite Prosperous Farmer there who sent me in search of a horde of goblins. I was instructed to search between 2 rocks just north of the farm guarded by some of the stronger members of the small rabble of goblins terrorizing his farm. They were wretched little beasts as goblins usually are, but rather easily dispatched. So easily dispatched in fact, that when I discovered the secret entrance to the goblin lair my overconfidence almost cost me my life. The goblin chief and more of his stronger than typical goblins were grouped together fairly well. Had it not been for my keen eye for taking advantage of available resources (ring of greater restoration placed in the community chest), I would have surely been done for. Luckily, after regrouping and taking the rabble on with a more measured approach, I bested the goblins and returned to the farmer victorious. Upon my arrival he awarded me with the key to his brother's mine and told me that he believed I may be strong enough to assist his brother as well. An overwhelming need to strengthen myself urged me onward, but I realized I needed to temper it with a bit more caution after my experience with the goblins.

Once I reached the Lodestone Mines, the key opened the gate to enter just as the farmer had said. So, upon entering I decided the more measured approach I would take would involve consuming a potion of invisibility I had purchased for the Magic Imbiber. With this tactic applied the stupid gnolls and bugbears who were infesting the mines weren't even aware of my presence. I cared not for assisting the Farmers brother, who was to lazy to even hire someone to clear the mine out for him. The farmer had asked me to clear the area out of the goodness of my heart. Well, the goodness (if there were any) was clearly overshadowed by the drive to gain more power that I may present to Cyric in hopes of proving myself. In that same interest, I happened along several lodestones resting in many different nooks and crannies. They were littered throughout the first level of the mine in fact. Being invisible made looting them from their resting places exceedingly easy.

After exploring what all the mines had to offer my sticky fingers I happened along an oversized bugbear named Big Dumb Lenny. He seemed to be guarding a forge of some sorts. He did a horrible job of it though, as in my imperceivable state he simply stood by as I operated the forge several times right next to him. After not as many attempts as you might suspect I deduced that using the rule of three three of each of the lodestones makes an increasingly affective version of a lodestone when forged right underneath the nose of my new good friend Big Dumb Lenny. Once you have forged enough of the stones, you obtain the Perfect Lodestone. The Perfect Lodestone added some impressive abilities, including the Identify spell. It wasn't the reason I had tasked myself to enter the mines though.

As I continued further into the mine, I reached some very formidable foes. Large beetles appeared to guard the entrance to what I could only assume was the last area of the mines. Dispatching them seemed to make me feel stronger each time I did it. After having my fill of empowering myself over these creatures. I ventured through a large gate and onto what would be the first of several dark secrets. If you're wondering what I found. I suggest you venture there yourself to take a look......

Mindstain75

Back to top Go down

Lodestone Mining Empty Re: Lodestone Mining

Post  L0BSTER Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:16 pm

Good Read Smile Smile

Mindstain75 has received his publish Contract - DONE!
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down