12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murderous Weapons and How to Find Them: Widows Mark

2 posters

Go down

Murderous Weapons and How to Find Them: Widows Mark Empty Murderous Weapons and How to Find Them: Widows Mark

Post  Focus96 Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:49 am

My natural wanderlust found me entering a cave near Crossed Blades, leading to the Dwarven city of Mithril'fin. Among its dilapidated alleys ways I ran across a Dwarf by the name of Grimwill. He told me the story of a magical anvil that had been entrusted to a great Ranger who had taken it to the surface.  He promised me a reward if I brought him information about the ranger and the anvil. He wanted 3 items as proof. a sliver of an ancient stone weapon, the amulet of the ranger himself, and a ring made of iron. And so i returned to the surface. My first stop was the smith Armstrong, to which i showed him a stone weapon i had obtained and whispered for him to be quiet about it. He nodded and had the errand boy grant me access into the building. I laid my eyes upon the anvil and layed the weapon upon the anvil. The magics holding together the ancient stone weapon abruptly ended once it touched the anvil and it splintered in my hands. I took a splinter and was on my way, the first item obtained.
I traveled north from crossed blades running into the ranger, who told me of bandits in the area. He told me of reports of bandits in the area and i thanked him for his information. I slew many a bandit that day, taking their rings from their fingers. After filling my bags with one hundred or so of the rings i returned to the ranger and showed him the proof of my deeds that day. He offered to pay me for them but i declined telling him to take them all from me. He gave me his amulet as a thank you and we parted ways.
Now that i had two of the items I began the hunt for the third. The dwarf had given me a book telling me that the materials i needed for the iron ring were to be found in Gathol. I entered the twisting labyrinth of passages beneath the city fighting my way through umberhulks and werecat guardians before entering a side passage and finding myself in 6.02x10**23, where a mad wizard or something had left countless golems of different shapes, sizes and materials. The sturdier golems were particularly annoying being almost immune to my trusty rapier. Thankfully its magical damages eventually brought them down. The decaying and clay golems were easily dispatched. But I at last found my mark. Steel Golems. There were three of them in that place each dropping an item i needed, One to the left as you entered from the felinic guardians area, One in a tiny corridor nearly straight on from the same door. and one in a massive room to the right. I had to sneak past the sheer amount of golems in that last room.
I took the scrap iron I could pull from their body and headed to the magical forge in the third level of the Lodestone mine. placing the three piece of scrap iron into the forge and pulling the lever, i retrieved the Iron ring from the magical fires. I left that place and returned to the dwarf in Mithril'fin and gave him the items three. He thanked me and handed me the dagger known as Widow's Mark. I have yet to use it, preferring my rapier but perhaps one day i may wield its power.

Focus96

Back to top Go down

Murderous Weapons and How to Find Them: Widows Mark Empty Re: Murderous Weapons and How to Find Them: Widows Mark

Post  L0BSTER Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:05 pm

Nice Book Smile

Publish Contract has been received: DONE!

L0BSTER
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum