12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Prison of the Damned

2 posters

Go down

The Prison of the Damned Empty The Prison of the Damned

Post  redwings Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:53 am

During my explorations I accidentally stumbled into an area named the Prison of the Damned. It was quite exciting to say the least! I was quite lucky to escape with my skin, I'll tell you!

Apparently there are 2 types of dwarves, the Cursed and the Damned, from Mithrilfin. They made some sort of unspecified pact with the dead to get power and immortality. They very nearly showed me my mortality on more than one occasion. It would appear that their jailer is one Grim Razer, who packs a VERY solid punch!

They are all immune to critical hits, and have spell resistance and spell immunity.

The first level of the prison resembles a seashell, where you enter towards the smaller base and exit towards the larger top. I have found between 14-16 Cursed in this level, usually but not always in pairs. They have a pulse attack which causes 75 damage, so don't let too many crowd you at once. They have some decent melee ability, are worth 100 XP, and drop 5000 gold each.

The next level resembles a racetrack around an hourglass on its side. There are 12 Cursed around the track, again usually in pairs.

The entrance to the middle is on the side of the track across from where you enter this area of the prison, and I usually encounter a lone member of the Damned. Its pulse attack is 250 HP and its melee is much more threatening than the Cursed. Killing it gives you 100 XP and 7500 gold. Three of his companions are also within the hourglass.

Finally, you reach the Grim Razer. His pulse attack is 350 HP and he hits very hard, very often, and very quickly with his scythe. My advice is to kill him quickly, which will reward you with 200 XP and 10000 gold. He may drop the Mirror of Lore as well, but I have never had such luck.

All told, the area is worth approximately 3600 XP and 170-180000 gold. Not a bad haul for a quick dungeon if you are able to withstand their pulse attack!

(HC) Robert Paulson

redwings

Back to top Go down

The Prison of the Damned Empty Re: The Prison of the Damned

Post  L0BSTER Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:05 am

Nice informal book - redwings Smile

you will get a publish contract soon

L0BSTER
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com