12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rune's Revolver

2 posters

Go down

Rune's Revolver Empty Rune's Revolver

Post  Brokk Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:22 pm

My search through the world of 12 Dark Secrets has led me far and wide, and on one of these days I happen to be at the still distilling some patooies ( P2E's), and acid pots. I exit into the ruins and happen to spot a bridge. Upon crossing this bridge I came across some Ogre like creatures who were not very friendly which in turn left me no choice but to dispatch the foul beast. Upon closer examination I discover the heart of this beast appears to have some magical properties, so I cut the organ from its body, and jammed it into a bag for further experimentation. Thinking it might be something that could be refined into a focal item I collected several of these "tainted souls", then proceeded back across the bridge to the ruins to continue my distilling. I made a quick stop at the shabby old woman to pick up a Catalyst for my distilling process. when I spoke with the old woman she happen to glance at my pack which was now seeping blood from all the tainted souls I had jammed in there, and her eyes went wide. she mentioned she had a device the operated off these tainted souls and for a price, would sell me one, I was intrigued, and without hesitation I purchased this rune's revolver from her.

The interesting device appears to have charges on it and a trigger like mechanism. I remember that some ogres are between me and the still so I decide to try this out on a living creature to see what it will do.

I move to the edge of a clearing and spot my unsuspecting foe, point the device at it, and pull the trigger. I hear a small click, then feel a large discharge as 3 spectral fingers fly out the end of this contraption and the ogre dropped to the ground dead. "Indeed" I spoke out loud, this requires a little spellcraft investigation.

It appears the Rune's revolver fired off 3 finger's of death at the power of DC20 at this beast, what a fun little trinket, and it only consumed 1 charge. I am now down to 9, so I pack it away and plan to play with it later.

I head to the still and make my potions and portals, and decided to try an experiment with the tainted souls I had collected. I decided to try the old forge trick and thrust 3 souls into the still and pulled the lever, the revolver at this point flashed with a warm glow. it now was back to 10 charges. Next I put 3 souls into the still and once again pulled the lever, this time the glow was a little brighter, and the revolver obtained 2 more charges, making my total 12 now. Wanting to see the limits of this thing, I filled the still to the top with tainted souls, making sure I stayed with my sets of three, and in turn in one pull multiple charges entered the device, until it became maxed out at 50 charges, what fun, and I think I will invite some friends to join in this.

The next day I invited a couple friends to join me on an excursion ( I wanted to show off my new neat little toy ) so myself, my palemaster, and warrior friends joined me in the Underworld where I knew the spell Finger of death was a possible good spell to use on gate demons. I once again aim the revolver and pull the trigger. 3 fingers blast out the end of the device and the demon turns to look at me and grin, dammit he saved. I pull the trigger again but this time the foul beast made a critical spell failure and dropped dead.

My Warrior friend was excited as hell, and wanted to give it a try, I was a little concerned at someone so inept at magic playing with forces he doesn't understand, however I decided to let him try. In shock I see the device also worked for him, who would believe it, A damn fighter blasting off finger's of death.

My Palemaster friend being Mr. Know It All when it comes to necromancy wanted to look this thing over, scoffing at how trivial the DC rating was, and he activates the device, 6 spectral fingers come rushing out the end, hmm he seems to have a knack with this thing.

This concludes my story, and I shall summarize my findings in point form at the end of this tomb for quick referance.

Rune's Revolver:

no class restriction
on use 3 Finger's death DC 20 / charged
Palemaster gets 6 Fingers death DC 20 / charge
recharge at the still with 3 tainted souls/ charge. can apply multiple charges at once, by placing sets 3 in the still eg. 3,6,9,12,15 at a time
maximum charge count 50 charges

Tuebits

Brokk

Back to top Go down

Rune's Revolver Empty Re: Rune's Revolver

Post  L0BSTER Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:56 pm

Good book Tue..

Publish Contract has been received:DONE!

L0BSTER
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum