12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A SERIOUS COMPLAINT

2 posters

Go down

A SERIOUS COMPLAINT Empty A SERIOUS COMPLAINT

Post  Asturonethoriusaline Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:27 pm

Hi, I am new here to this forum, so if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move, but not delete this.

As a new player, I created a Character. Then I went south of the beginning starting town. I waa fighting a couple of cats.

Since they were winning. I ran away. They followed. I figured the starting town guards would kill them.

I regenerated. I decided to finish the cat off.

A NPC Old man near the starting town entrance, stupidly casted a flamestrike spell on, at the cat, killing the cat, and my character, instead of either letting me finish off the cat, or after me run away, or after telling me that going to flamestrike the cat, or after the cat kills my character, etc. The cat was almost dead, and my character was just fine, thanks to Regen ring dropped from a goblin.

What the NPC did, would be akin to if a NPC were to in a extremely small cave, fireball a rat, killing the rat, and itself the NPC.

After that happened, I sent ONLY 2 messages, 1 to the DM's on the DM channel, and 1 on shout, in case a DM could see it on Shout.

I said almost exactly what I have explained so far in this message.

I didnt insult, I didnt call names, didnt threaten. And I didnt get a response, and so wasnt arguing, etc.

I did say that I thought the problem of a NPC stupidly doing what it did, should probably be fixed, and that that would be appreciated. I then said Thanks.

I then dropped it, left it at that. About somewhere between 15 minutes, and 1 hour 15 minutes later, I was again fight animals(Deer this time), on my way to try to find, see the Great Owl, when all ofva sudden I was booted from the server, with a message that said: "You have been booted".

I checked the PW list, and 12 secrets was no longer available.

So I concluded that DM's, Admin's have seemingly, and innappropiately not liked the 2 complaint messages I sent in game(Probably because I called the NPC stupid, or said that the NPC was doing something stupid(Which it was)(Or because I saod they should probably fix the problem), and because of that they probably wrongly banned, booted me, and that that's why I got the "You have been booted" message, and probably why this PW is not showing up on the PW list.

If I was banned, booted, it was wrong, innapropiate.

I have been a mod, admin, DM, etc, of MUD's(Multi User Dungeon Domains).

Just because a player messages 2 complaint messages via DM channel, and Shout Channel, to make sure its seen, etc, where all the complaint message does is explain what happened, and calls what happened stupid, silly, rediculous, is no valid reason to ban.

Only way as a former Admin, Mod, DM, I would ban, boot the person, is if 1.Foul language. 2. If they were arguing. 3. If they didnt drop it after 1,2 messages. 4. If they were spamming complaints. 5. If I had warned them first, and they still didnt drop it. 6. If they were threatening.

And I would warn them first, unless the offense was so bad as to warrant no warning and to warrant a immediate booting, banning.

Me getting banned, booted, if that is what happened, was inappropiate.

And if I was booted, banned, I want an apology, and for my account, access to be reinstated.

To help with this:

My toon name was Shifty Beast Dragon Master.

A Human, LN, Lev 2 character, Druid 1/Monk 1

Asturonethoriusaline.

Mike

Asturonethoriusaline

Back to top Go down

A SERIOUS COMPLAINT Empty Re: A SERIOUS COMPLAINT

Post  Asturonethoriusaline Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:59 am

Update:

This PW, has shown back up on the PW list, and my Toon also has shown back up.

It may have been a server error, or the ban, boot, might have been reversed.

The thing did say "You have been booted". Thats why I thought it was a booting, banning. Also, usually its been my experience that when there is a problem with the server, internet, etc, that the thing does not say "You have been booted".

In any case, whether a boot, ban, or error, the thing, issue, seems to have been resolved.

Which is appreciated.

The only thing remaining is:

IF IF it was a banning, booting, I would appreciate, want a apology.

If it is a server error, then no apology wanted.

If it is unknown then either no want a a apology for now, an or a apology can wait.

Any apologies, if wanted, can be given via email, private message, etc, and doesnt have to be here in public.

Thanks for getting my access to the PW and my Toon back up.

Asturonethoriusaline

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneakybadger Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:15 pm

Hi Asturonethoriusaline,

I'm not a DM, just another player like yourself - I was logged on at the time when this occurred.

First things first - I can guarantee you weren't kicked/booted, it was simply a coincidence. On this server, every 10 minutes you will see a minute count - it gets all the way to 600 minutes, then will give warnings for 10 minutes, 5 minutes, 2 minutes, and boots. The server will do a quick restart to release any memory leaks, freshen things up, etc. Unfortunately, sometimes this doesn't occur right on the dot. Keep an eye on that counter and be prepared when it announces the 600-minute mark. Also - there was a mention on the Discord channel that one of the DMs was performing some testing - we'll be upgrading to 8193.x soon, so once you would have tried to log on again, it wouldn't have been possible for maybe half an hour to an hour.

As for your death - it's unfortunate, really is. It's a good idea not to kill things near other NPC's - what happened sounds to me more like engine mechanics than the way the NPCs were configured.

My recommendation to you: West of town there are the docks. On one of the ships there is a leopard - kill him and give his skin to the guy outside the ship on the docks. You'll get a ring you can go underwater and there are some sharks - great for early levels. East of town (Eastlands) is also not too bad, make sure you get a Ring of Lesser Regeneration there. Follow through the quest, find the Goblin Chief, and move onto the Lodestone Mines, south of town. Visit the sharks when you get a chance!

If you're struggling, please ask people for help. This is a really friendly server, there are many people around that will be happy to fetch you gear, or help you get an understanding of the server - it has it's quirks, and it has it's really awesome features. I think you'll find it when you get used to it, you'll really enjoy it.

If you see me online, please feel free to message me directly (Gunak as a character, although I switch between many so look for my login as Sneakybadger.) You'll find you'll get party invites often - join them, and feel free to chat in there and ask for help also.

Once again, sucks about your death - sorry about that. Once you learn the ropes, I'm sure you'll have a good time.

Cheers,
Sneakybadger.

Sneakybadger

Back to top Go down

Post  Asturonethoriusaline Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:43 pm

Thanks for the Clarification. I have done what you suggested already. I am building a Monk/Druid/Shifter build, where until I get to Monk 1/Druid 3(Level 2 spells), its a struggle. The toon is Monk 1/Druid 1. Stats Str 10, Dex 14, Con 8, Wis 18, Int 14, Cha 8. Dont have weapon finese. The +2 Dex bonus is for Chainmail(+5(Max dex bonus +2), + Shield, until Wisdom gets high enough to go without armor.

10 Str so no penalty to damage. The low str, con is because at lev 6, I'll be a Brown Bear with 82 HP, 27 str, high AB. At 8th lev, I'll be a Gargoyle. With a 14 str, 24 Dex, 24 Wis, 38 AC, 120+ Hp. Dragon will come at level 30.

Buffs will help.

So I expect a harder time at beginning. Fortunately have a Brown Bear, and a Badger to help out.

The Cat got real lucky, killed my companion, summon, knocked me down to half HP. I was trying to lead it back to town, so that the town guards could kill it.

I already got the regen rings from the goblins. I regenerated to full health. Cat was almost dead, so I stopped running, leading it back to town, and went to finish it off. That was when the Old Man standing right outside the entrance to town decided to use a Flamestrike to try to kill the Cat.

Flamestrike works kind of like fireball spell, and can not only kill the target(The Cat that the NPC was trying to kill), but can hit, kill nearby things(like my character), with flame damage.

As to what I was doing, I was going south to the crossblades area to go see the Great Owl. I received a quest from the library staff member to deliver a message to the Great Owl for a XP award, and 100 GP.

My plan was to use that to level up to level 3, then go take care of the Goblins.

I had already farmed the goblins, Leopard on the ship, and that quest, to get me to lev 2.

I think I will stop trying for now to complete the Great Owl quest, and save it until after I farm some more goblins up t0 3rd level, and then either do the Great Owl quest or the Goblin Chief quest.

That should take me to Level 4, Monk 1/Druid 3, and smoother sailing from there.

Thanks for your post.

Asturonethoriusaline

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneakybadger Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:02 am

Hi Mike,

Starting off with a class like that can be a bit difficult. A few tips to help out:

There is a +6 kama in the Eccentric Swordsman. Seeing as you've got some monk in you, that would be a good weapon with a STR of 10 to hit things. Alternately, in Gathol B there is a +4 Morningstar called Drone - this would help you out also. you may not be able to get/afford these items, but see if you can ask nicely - these are great starting weapons. Also: Make sure you have the Wind Walker Boots. If you haven't, get an invisibility spell or potion, and go get them. Well worth it. Permanent haste and some other goodies.

Another little bit of info - as a Shifter, there are modifications done to the different shapes. Some tips and tricks:

Wyrmling - breathe, breathe breathe! Good starter shift shape.
Minotaur - good tanking, decent damage output.
Manticore - not bad, shoots lots of spines out. I still preferred Minotaur personally.
Kobold Commando - Good stepping stone here - nice damage.
Dire Tiger - Next step, nice and cool.

I didn't do any Undead shapes, or constructs in my build. But Outsider - Rakasha is awesome. Bit modified, gets unlimited Sunbeam instead of IceStorm, so really cool. When you're making your build - Animal Empathy increases the damage output of Sunbeam, if that's where you're looking at.

Dragon Shape - Sorry to say, but in this world they get a bit smashed. There's a DEX limit imposed on them, so they don't get the full benefits. They also struggle to navigate through some areas through some areas - corridors and caverns and stuff. I actually found a Rakasha better to level with.

Just my two cents!

Cheers,
Sneakybadger/Mitch.

Sneakybadger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum