12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lightning Rod and the Mithril Atomiser

3 posters

Go down

The Lightning Rod and the Mithril Atomiser Empty The Lightning Rod and the Mithril Atomiser

Post  Lucy Likes Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:22 pm

In the Ruins of the Dwarven city of Mithrilfin are two shops, one run by Drango, and one run by Drongo. You will need a Mithril donation count of at least 200 to use either of these shops.

Drango sells a Mithril Atomiser for 1,485,030 GP
Use: Acid Fog (11) Unlimited uses per day
Use: Unique Power Unlimited uses per day

Drongo sells a Lightning Rod for 1,698,150 GP
Use: Call Lightning (5)  Unlimited uses per day
Use: Gust of Wind (10)  Unlimited uses per day
Use: Light (5)  Unlimited uses per day
Use: Lightning Bolt (10)  Unlimited uses per day
Use: Unique Power Unlimited uses per day

The "Unique Power" of the Atomiser is Dragon Breath (Acid) and the "Unique Power" of the Lightning Rod is Dragon Breath (Lightning) but there is a catch. Each requires "ammunition" to function, and here is the real difference between the two.

The lighning rod requires "Crackling Power Cores" dropped by the War Golems in the Golem Fortress, the Atomiser requires pots of Acid made by placing 10 of the "Small bottle of Acid" (dropped by the Elderkind Midwives in the plane of Arurum's Consorts) into the Still (makes 6 with the Catalyst) and pressing the switch.

The ammunition for both can be kept in a bag of Holding and will be depleted automatically on use. Alternately the power cores can be kept in a "Massive power core" obtainable from the Deep Drow, but this is effectively just another bag and takes 6 inventory squares. However it holds 50 power cores.

So which to go for you ask? My experience with them both points to the atomiser. The ammunition is much easier to come by in the normal course of adventuring, and resistance to Acid is less common for monsters than resistance to Lightning.

One final point, I had high hopes that possession of a Mastery and Hint of Lightning or Acid as appropriate would enhance the power of these devices, but this does not seem to be the case. Maybe it does for Casters? perhaps some caster can add their observations to this book.

Written by Lucy Likes

Any publishing contract to be a Raincheck pending the arrival of my next sister Smile

Last edited by Lucy Likes on Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Lucy Likes

Back to top Go down

The Lightning Rod and the Mithril Atomiser Empty Re: The Lightning Rod and the Mithril Atomiser

Post  L0BSTER Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:37 pm

Thank you for the book Lucy

You will receive a Publish contract soon "ON HOLD UNTIL ASKED"

L0BSTER
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Lightning Rod and the Mithril Atomiser Empty Re: The Lightning Rod and the Mithril Atomiser

Post  Brokk Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:42 am

I have not noticed masteries or hints affecting the atomizer

Brokk

Back to top Go down

Post  L0BSTER Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:25 am

Brokk wrote:I have not noticed masteries or hints affecting the atomizer

Yep, your correct.

As I can see no hints or Mastery's enhances the Atomizer, as far as I can see from the background script. Smile Smile
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum