12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Talk about player using Shields

4 posters

Go down

Talk about player using Shields Empty Talk about player using Shields

Post  L0BSTER Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:55 pm

I made this post becuase I would like to know:

Does players on 12 Dark Secrets use shields on there toons? if so would you like a better one then Celestial??

If players want a better shield I will design a "Deep Mithril Shield" Smile

I will even let the players be involved in making this shield. The maximum amount of propertes on the sheild will be (12)

tell me what you want on this shield and remember it has to be better than Celestial.

I might say no to a few things but just throw ideas at me. Smile

Do you want a Small Shield -  Large Shield?? or -  Tower Shield??

This item will be put into the shop for 12-18 million..

hear from you soon

L0BSTER

Last edited by L0BSTER on Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Talk about player using Shields Empty Re: Talk about player using Shields

Post  Warchief Gargen Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:19 am

Typically the shields are only mainly used as a character is developing and later gets thrown away when a player has max stats (as their ac is generally high enough to take on most mobs and they can add an extra 2 attacks with an off hand weapon or use a two handed weapon). Now if the shield were to be able to do something unique defensively or even offensively or provide some unique protection that isn't currently on the server (I'm looking at you Petra and your stoner forever stare -.-) then it might be worth the buy, otherwise players will likely opt for two weapons or a two handed weapon end game.

As for type of shield, there should be both a large and tower shield option with roughly the same stats so medium sized characters can benefit from the +1 AC on the tower shield but also makes it so halfling and gnomes can use the larger shield without feeling left out.

Another idea would be to add upgradable protections like for example, having a quest line or a way to forge say the ward against the elements dagger into the shield so that in areas like DDS you arent tossing away your shield to whip out a dagger to save your bacon from dragons. Perhaps even adding some very much sought after positive or magical immunities once upgraded (which will be very useful in areas like the Source and DDS).

In conclusion, I agree that the base shield should be stronger than the celestial but not over the top until you add upgrades like the Ward Against the Elements dagger and maybe other high end materials such as Aurum's heart and a Greater Wish. Just some thoughts/ideas thrown out there.

Warchief Gargen

Back to top Go down

Post  Isendel Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:14 pm

I remember bards using celestial shields until later days... If some improvement could be given in elemental dmg protection, like it was said before with Ward Against Elements, than bards could help even more on DDS and not just sing.
I believe it could bring new variants to the game. Wink
Isendel
Isendel

Back to top Go down

Post  L0BSTER Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:54 pm

ok Smile
we all agree it would need "elemental dmg protection" <- so we could have ward against elements put on it.

What else would it need??
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Talk about player using Shields Empty Sheilding and DDS

Post  O'renishi Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:56 pm

Sheilds:

I have a Bard and I use a shield and sword because I help. If you want to go to DDS then don't be a **** with other players in your party it has nothing to do with better shields. There are enough items learn to use them.

Just because players are level 35+ don't think you can survive because you need to go learn how to play your characters in a party, and if you are a noob and need a GW turned into a bottle try having a GW to heal others and you may find the game play able.

And a bard may be just Buffing you, but you are a Noob if you need to run passed the bard so the enemy stop hitting you sorry excuse for a player.
O'renishi
O'renishi

Back to top Go down

Post  Isendel Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:07 pm

Don't get me wrong O'renishi, I didn't mean to diminish bards in any way. Embarassed
I know they are paramount on DDS runs and that everyone has their role in a party.
What I meant is that such improvement could increase even more the bards' support capabilities and also engage for dmg sometimes. Wink
Since all chars on the server are new and we have a small number of players, I believe improvements like this would allow small parties (such as we have today) to run DDS more easily.
I might be wrong, but that's what I think Smile
Isendel
Isendel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down