12 Dark Secrets Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Famous Portal Stone by Taziar Medekan

2 posters

Go down

Famous Portal Stone by Taziar Medekan Empty Famous Portal Stone by Taziar Medekan

Post  PiLamb1 Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:54 am

In my not so younger days of adventure, I heard of a mystical stone that will return an adventurer to the Portal Plane. Thus, alleviating the long walks and many fights on the return to civilization.
From what I could gather, it is a hidden treasure, located in the North West of Gathol Woods BUT be wary if you are as young as I, when travelling there.
Upon entering the wood, I happened upon some rather small white apes and they sent me running. Hmm, I thought. I need to buy a potion of invisibility, if I am to get past them. Back to TCWAN and the Imbiber I went.
After buying several potions of invisibility, I returned to Gathol Woods, south of the little town of Crossroads. Taking care not to rouse the constructs at the pillars, I gulped down a potion and entered Gathol Woods. I walked slowly, trying not to make any noise and thus have the apes looking for me. As I crept westward along the stone of the cliff face all but encloses the woods. Ahh, there is a path between the cliff walls.. Oh, and even bigger apes around here. I make my way past them, careful not to bump any close to my route.
I turn the corner and it opens up to a small, somewhat clear area with some of the biggest apes I had ever seen. What have I gotten myself in to? And over a stone at that. I gather myself and continue on, looking this way and that but not seeing anything other than stone, trees and a few apes. I think to myself, where is the darn treasure at. I start searching around the area and I am finding nothing. In my search, I didn't pay attention to the apes and bumped one. Startled, it swung savagely and knocked the wind out of me. Holding my chest and gasping for air and from pain, I ran. More like hobbled back to the safety of the South Road. I quaff a healing potion and the pain subsides, as I sit and think about my situation. I could give up and wait until I am a bit more experienced or I can try again.

I stand up and decide to try again.. Down goes another potion of invisibility.
Making my way back to the North West area of the wood, I carefully study the area, for any clue of something hidden. There, next to the cliff wall, under the fallen leaves and cleverly disguised to look like the forest floor, was a trap door. The hinges appear to be rather rusty, opening it may attract unwanted attention. Only one way to do this, I quickly open the door and jump down several feet into the dark pit. Thankfully, I was not met with any sharp stakes sticking up out of the ground.
I survey the area, the walls are too smooth to climb out and there is nothing in the room other than a lone small chest. I have no way out.
Decision made, I decide to check out the chest. As I approach, I am hit by a blast and knocked back several feet and into the wall. I sat there against the wall, dazed a bit and thought. By all that is above, why didn't I think about traps. I drink down another healing potion and cautiously make my way forward, toward the chest. No secondary trap on the floor but there is something sticking out of the back of the chest. I can't figure out how to disarm the trap, so I toss my sword at it and I am hit with a jolt that knocks me unconscious. A few moments later, I think, I wake up groaning. I yell about how much I hate this chest. I have no other way out, I just hope the stone is inside.

I look around the chest and I see nothing but the spent parts of the two traps I set off. I look again and yet again, not wanting another surprise and I see nothing. I bend to to open the chest and It's LOCKED. For what seems like an eternity, I try to pick the lock but I just can't do it. I search my pack, looking for picks or anything that will help and I can't find anything. In my anger, I let loose several arrows into the chest, with no effect. My anger not satisfied, I hit it repeatedly with my enchanted blade and not even a mark is visible on the chest. What was I thinking, coming down here, so unprepared. In frustration, I sit upon the chest and start to shout for help.
After several hours and a hoarse voice, I hear sounds of battle above.. Can it be, has someone come to rescue me? The trap door flies open and a man drops down and I hear "Good Evening" in a creepy voice. I told my savior that I forgot my picks and could not pick the lock. He deftly knelt and picked the lock in almost no time.
Opening the chest, I see a heavily engraved stone, about the size of my hand. I snatch it up quickly, before anything else could go wrong. I look over at the smiling man and thank him for coming to help me out. He responds with "My pleasure" and then holds his stone and winks out. I hold my new found Portal stone and concentrate on the Portal Plane and suddenly, I am there. Yes, this is a wonderful and very useful find.

So, to all of the new and young adventurers out there, don't forget to take some lock picks (if you can use them) or ask someone to help you get the Portal Stone. From what I understand, I was lucky that the traps did not kill me.

Safe travels and Happy Hunting!
Taziar Medekan
PiLamb1
PiLamb1

Back to top Go down

Famous Portal Stone by Taziar Medekan Empty Re: Famous Portal Stone by Taziar Medekan

Post  L0BSTER Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:19 am

Well done on the story "PiLamb1", it was an interesting read Smile

You will recieve a publish contract soon.

L0BSTER

edit ----
Publish Contract has been recieved DONE!
L0BSTER
L0BSTER
Admin

https://12darksecrets.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum